rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse.

DPD have just delivered a package from Euro Car Parts containing, yes, you guessed it, 4 more Crosland C40353P pollen filters for a Lexus. Boxes have labels with the ECP part number hand written on them so these could well be ones Morat returned. I shall be calling them later.......

I've still got mine :(
There's an ECP in York that I'd like to visit on Saturday.

Just got off the phone to ECP. Explained it to the guy he reckons it sounds like the warehouse is labelling them wrong so the wrong parts are being sent out. He suggests I take them down to my local branch tomorrow (fortunately going to be working from home tomorrow so will be able to), explain the problem that me, and a few others are having, and he should be able to get on to the warehouse to get them to sort it out. I may even whip one of the filters out of the Ascot so I can show them what a real P38 pollen filter looks like......

:)

Its not just ECP getting it wrong, The ones supplied by another factors (can't remember the name of them now) were Blue print ones for the diesel p38 I posted about with the missing autobox dipstick, were also wrong. Those were labelled for a Hyundai though. I don't know if hes managed to get the correct ones yet either.

Been to ECP. They checked the part numbers, cross referenced from the genuine Land Rover part number and confirmed they were wrong. They found the listing for the correct ones and have ordered 4 in for me, should be in tomorrow. He said to keep the ones I have, bring them in tomorrow and, assuming the ones that arrive are correct, he'll do a straight swap. So, I should get 4 pollen filters for the £8.55, IF they are the correct ones......

I wouldn't bet against four more hand-labelled filters at this point - some genius must have re-labelled a whole bunch of them :/

You couldn't make this up. Called in today and as I walked through the door the guy said, "They've sent the wrong ones again". He had cross referenced the part numbers and reckoned that the number 507670038 was wrong and it should be 507670068 which is what he had ordered. However, he had received 4 more Crosland C40353P filters only this time with 50767068 hand written on them. He suggested I phone head office and demand 4 of the correct filters at the price I had paid. A check when I got home shows 50767068 to be for a Freelander and not a P38.

So, I call head office and explain what has happened. They were very helpful but couldn't understand why the same filters are being labelled with different, incorrect, numbers. I gave him the Land Rover part number (BTR8037 which supersedes to LR030219) which he checked and found it cross references to 507670038 but not to the Crosland C40353P. They asked if I could photograph the labelling on the boxes and the filters I have been sent, along with a P38 filter so they know what they are looking for. So that is what I have done and wait to see what happens now.

Amusingly, the pollen filter for a Lexus IS200 is a Crosland C40353P, ECP part number 507820068 which is shown as a non-stock item when in actual fact it appears they have bloody hundreds of them! They've just got the wrong numbers on them.......

What am I missing? Type p38 pollen filters into eBay and you'll have them at the drop of a hat...

ECP had them listed at £Cheap. Too cheap to be true as it turned out :/

Given the colossal number of parts, part numbers, suppliers, suppliers references and cross references folk like ECP have to deal with I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen a lot more often. Especially when half the part manufacturers are just re-boxing and rebranding a generic pattern part from a supplier who, hopefully, has copied the OEM part properly before ordering in from the China Division of "CheapAsChips Inc".

Clive