rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hiya gents.

I see most of ya'll run LPG on your P38s and I was wondering if you'd happen to know what the emissions reading was on your particular vehicle..

I have a particularly stubborn chap on another forum who cannot seem to understand how an LPG V8 can be as clean or cleaner than his Diesel P38.

H

Last MoT figures were CO 0.02%, HC 24ppm

What he's talking about is CO2 which is inherently lower on a diesel engine than a petrol engine which is why diesels became popular in the first place. The CO2 when running on LPG is 10-20% lower than when running on petrol but still higher than an equivalent diesel. However, although CO2 is a greenhouse gas it is the other things that are of most concern these days. The particulate emissions on a diesel P38 will be very high (as it is too old to have a DPF), considerably lower on a petrol P38 and virtually non-existent on a petrol engine running on LPG. It's also a far less complex hydrocarbon than petrol without any of the additives petrol needs to have so the NOx and other carcinogenic emissions are virtually nil too.

Oh yes mine passed its last mot on LPG with figures like that.

Cheers, that info will shut his arse!

Aha