rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Mine never worked from the get go..

However with everything grinding to a halt and the apocalyse approaching i'm gonna see if i can get some life out of it.. lol

When you insert the CD nav disk it just shows "No disk"..

Would it be worth taking it apart and giving it a squirt of contact cleaner, or is it a more serious fault with the drive itself?

Cheers gents.

H

normally the drive in the boot. electronics go bad.

Sometimes you can cure it with a CD cleaner disc (if you can still buy them?), sometimes it is more serious. Usual cause of faults in any older electronics is failed electrolytic capacitors (they dry out and the stated capacity drops). If you fancy pulling it out and replacing the caps you may be able to bring it back to life.

I'll try and pull it apart, might channel my inner MARTY and see if i can do some electrical wizardry!! LOL

Cheers gents!

Just to refresh this up, how did it go?

I had a similar case with my CD-changer (Alpine), I found one ruined suspension buffer (irreplaceable, pity), then would still not work even with the "CD lens cleaner" (found it! had not seen it in years lol!) ... I took it to a specialized shop and they told me the optics should be replaced, but there is no way they can guarantee the current products (guess where they come from) are as good as the original Alpine components, nor they can guarantee it will work.
Took it out and will sell it for parts somehow, as the mechanical parts are OK.