rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Have you all noticed that all RR's seem to have their own aroma?

Or is it just me?

Mine seems to have an "atmosphere" around it, i can't explain the smell but it's definitely been there since i bought it..

Anyone else?

Or am i alone?

Bosch smells of fishtanks. GEMS (used to smell of dog bit that's cleared a bit now) smells of something I can't pin down. It's not a bad or dirty smell, more just of itself - the way I expect it to really, it's a good benchmark for new smells. Also sometimes oil, of course. The most distinctive 'not new car but weird' smelling car I've known was Ford Capris (esp the 2.8 for some reason, maybe a non-Dagenham Ford thing), I can mentally smell it now just by picturing the interior.

P38 smells like a 90s car, must be something specific in the products and plastics used in the era. I do work with a lot of what you would call "youngtimer classics", and, notwithstanding the various degrees of "dirtness" they come with, they all have a similar aroma. Even more peculiar and distinctive are 80s cars - get into one and sniff to feel nostalgic!
I must say after cleaning the carpets - carpet soap + powerwashing - it has lost that mushy smell, all should do that sooner or later.

leolito wrote:

it has lost that mushy smell

Got the rear carpet out at the moment - might give it a good vax-type clean with something like one of those blue things the dry cleaners use to rent out, see how it turns out after that.