rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I got a phone call from a mechanic who does some work for me from time to time, asking if I needed any spare parts. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I drove the spare parts home, complete with a 12 month MOT (as you guys in the UK would understand it), everything working except the cruise, even the EAS works fine. Cost, (as is typical in this country) a case of beer. Paintwork is shot from sitting in the sun, but nice and straight, interior is good and complete.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Can't be bad, looks far too good to use for spares. What year is it? I can see it's a pre-97 from the air filter housing and the purge valve pipe going into the upper inlet manifold rather that the throttle body. Must be an Oxford Blue thing though as the lacquer on the bonnet had peeled on the 4.0SE I had in the same colour and we don't get the sun you get where you are.

95 build, 96 MY, TA. Yes, Oxford Blue.

I thought the same. Old mate asked me if I needed anything, I asked what the plans for the car were, he said sending it to the wreckers of the crusher.

A little more, 1 owner from new. Owner also deals with the mechanics, but bought a newer RR a year or so ago. Two weeks ago fronts up with this one as a give away for parts.

Came complete with all books, security card, original sales documentation and rego papers.

I think you've got a bargain there and it looks like it's been looked after too. Not your usual neglected/butchered older P38. What do you intend doing with it?

Jealous or what? ..... can't find spares cars here at sensible money This is typical of what we get locally

Sending it down to my brother’s property to sit in the shed for the time being.

Blanco wrote:

This is typical of what we get locally

A grand for something that can't even be driven? I sold my 4.0SE that was fully running and driving but with a cracked windscreen for £380. Would there be any mileage in importing them from UK? That might explain why when I advertised an old Yamaha 600 Diversion for sale it was bought by a guy from ROI who came over to collect a van load of bikes. Assume they go for similar silly money?

I'd be tempted to try a lorry load one day, .... but no spare cash these days! ...
I can't imagine that people really pay these prices but they continually ask them, it seems to be in the psyche. Makes my life hard and usually just bite the bullet and buy stuff new. Bike wise don't know really, never went there, check it out on Donedeal.ie. One thing here is different though the market is much much smaller and that does bend the norm as we know it.

As I've NEVER seen one here for less than US$6,000, I'd give my left (or right if you have a preference) bollock for a spares car like this!

I hooked the Nano up to it today to see what errors it might have and only found two, being the LHF height sensor out of range and the A/C clutch open circuit, which I didn’t think too bad for a starting point.

EAS and Aircon... well it could be a lot worse. How does the engine sound?

Sweet, with more power than my daily driver. The starter is a little sluggish but that would be the only criticism.

I pulled the plugs today for a look, all nice and brown as they should be.

What a bargain! Is it going to be the basis for a "don't care if I scrach it" Offroader or are you going to cherish it like a new member of the family? :)

Too good to be a scrub brasher, and that part of my life is well behind me. No, it is off to my brother’s farm today to sit in the shed until we decide what to do with it.

Marshall8hp wrote:

Too good to be a scrub brasher, and that part of my life is well behind me. No, it is off to my brother’s farm today to sit in the shed until we decide what to do with it.

Stick it in the post to Manila? :-)

I'm not sure I could lick that many stamps!