rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

While waiting for a 3rd replacement osf brake hose - all the Britpart ones seem to have the top bracket missing, I thought I'd extract the sunshade as it needs to be retrimmed along with the headlining.
The manual seems to run out of detail after removing the drive cable locator. Removing the guide assembly screws seems logical but before I break a vital bit of plastic are the guide assemblies masticed to the frame?

Also is anyone else retrimming their headlining soon?

I did mine a couple of years ago now, but I don't remember anything being glued together, or any deviations from Rave.

I want to do mine while its parked up, I was on to Martrim last week, just waiting to find out when Champagne is back in stock. I need to do the sun blind as well (although I have got quite used to the black) not sure if that means extra material or not. Haven't looked at how in comes apart yet.

No extra material, you get plenty with the Martrim kit. Anyway, if you don't have a sunroof then you need that bit to fill in the hole that you don't have. If you bow the sunshade it pops out, just don't lose the runners it slides in.

Good to know thanks Gilbert, Champagne is back in stock so I am just ordering tonight.

I can recommend the Pol Roger

Good choice Morat.

I still can't make any sense of moving the tracks that retain the sun blind. I'm reluctant to try my strength flexing it out but the whole track seems fixed all the way to the back of the cassette.

Just as an aside to the front brake hose issue. Apparently Britpart and Allmakes no longer supply the bracket that fixes to the inside wheel arch.
LR ones are available £114 ish plus vat!

There are two screw in the track on either side. you only then need to move one of them a cm or so to one side to be able to remove the sun shade. I covered mine in PU leather, rather than the velour - it's harder wearing, and since you will break or lose the clips at the side of the sun shade all you need do is bend the PU up and over the edges of the sun-shade to create the perfect thickness for the runners.

There's no problem removing the two screws that RAVE refer to but at the front the screw goes into a nylon threaded nut which goes through the frame. Trying to prise this up feels like it is going to break something. Maybe I should just be braver!

enter image description here

enter image description here

David - I'm not sure I have much more colour - other than I followed RAVE a few months back and had no issues, and didn't have to force anything

Finally!!
Looking more carefully at the track there are three bits of track showing through the roof frame. The frame was formed to provide really tight spring clips holding the track. After careful levering the track popped out. The shade faffed about for a bit and the tiny clips all fired off in different directions but strangely all visible and not lost forever. i suspect it had never been apart hence the difficulties.