rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

For those of you that hadn't spotted this (maybe it was just me), production version 1.32 has now been released!

Thanks, I'll check that out. I wonder if it fixes the "we'll tell you than an ABS sensor is broken but not the correct one" problem? :)

Morat wrote:

Thanks, I'll check that out. I wonder if it fixes the "we'll tell you than an ABS sensor is broken but not the correct one" problem? :)

I doubt it... I put a message on the Nanocom Forum awhie ago about that, but haven't had any emails to say I've received a reply about it... I should check back just to make sure there hasn't been a reply but I haven't been notified....

Guess I can also download the new version ready to upload when I get home, but I'm guessing most of the updates these days are geared more towards CANBUS vehicles rather than the dinosaurs we happily drive!

Wow... I just read the changelog of the V1.32 for Nanocom, and there IS mention in there about putting the Wabco D sensor speed inputs into the correct boxes... I hope that extends to the voltages too, since the wheel speed readings aren't a lot of use ABS shuts off talking diagnostically after 5mph :(

\o/

I think it might be time to flash the unit... although I've got a long drive coming up this weekend :)

How long is long?.....

How long is long?.... <br>
Approx twice the length of a piece of string?! <br>
Long is actually the interminable time it took to flash the Nano with this patch. Warns of 7 mins on BBS site- took twice that on mine :-)

Long as a trip to "near Swindon" :)
Nowhere near Latvia!

That reminds me... do you have my address Morat? I can't remember if I sent it over already... Will be 'working from home' this weekend as I've got all my electronics stuff here and bench to do the heated seats etc.

I do now! The PM notification is still a little.. not working :(
I'll try and pop it in the post tomorrow.
Sorry!

Downloaded this the other day and one of the biggest differences I found is that the touch screen is much more responsive. For those of us with sausage fingers, a major bonus!

Ooh, I'll do mine then. I thought my touchscreen was faulty as I needed to poke it quite firmly. As well as showing the correct ABS sensors, it may also show the correct blower fan. I changed my drivers side (RH) fan for one without a sloppy bearing and immediately got the book symbol. Nano told me that the LH fan had a stop failure yet when I looked at what was happening, the 'new' RH fan is not giving any feedback to the HEVAC and the LH one was working properly. So it was telling fibs about that too.

I found that on screens that have updating information, you have to press and hold the back button for instance, as it only seemed to accept input between refreshes of the data.

Haven't updated mine since I got it - I think I'll give this a go though.

Sloth wrote:

I found that on screens that have updating information, you have to press and hold the back button for instance, as it only seemed to accept input between refreshes of the data.

Haven't updated mine since I got it - I think I'll give this a go though.

Well worth it. The screens the best it's ever been. When I was doing EAS heights, it would sometimes hang on "OK". If you waited long enough, it would either be alright, or recycle back to start. Now, no issue.

Looks like I'll update mine soon too then!

Most recent changes and improvements to the Nanocom are indeed for CAN BUS vehicles, but we here at BBS still try to address any reported problems on what we call Legacy Vehicles (Not quite Dinosaurs).
And we are always improving general aspects that affect both.

BBS does not always get into detail about everything that has been improved upon and many may well miss things.

For example, recently there has been significant improvements to the functionality of the Instrument mode, making it a one touch start with Auto start CSV Recording and a one touch stop, as well as a freely downloadable mind blowing CSV reader application for the recorded files.

see for yourself

You tube vid link

ATB

Colin

Welcome Colin. Great product the Evo- makes it possible to keep our NQD's on the road and out of the dealerships, not that main dealers like to touch them anyway!

Wow, visiting Royalty - we must be a proper forum now!

Orangebean wrote:

Welcome Colin. Great product the Evo- makes it possible to keep our NQD's on the road and out of the dealerships, not that main dealers like to touch them anyway!

The only main dealer here doesn't even acknowledge their existence!