rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

A few months ago I had undertrsys so I went to fit them, there was no holes so I cabled tied them in place and bonded with fibreglass with intention of using bolts etc but forgot to go back to it and I have MOT tomorrow my question is if there secure and defiantly not moving or likely to cone adrift will they be MOT failure

P38 doesn't need undertrays i'd remove 'em.

If he considers them likely to come adrift and fly from under the vehicle at speed he could fail it.

I was about to say it never had any but having just checked the parts manual it does show them. I've seen mention in the workshop manual of "remove undertray (where fitted)" suggesting that they were only fitted for some markets, but I've owned 4 P38s and worked on many more and never seen one with undertrays. Sling them in the nearest bin.

Lol as I said above I bonded them in place and they seem eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fairly well attached unless he takes a crowbar and mash hammer to them there on for good it seems lol

StrangeRover wrote:

P38 doesn't need undertrays i'd remove 'em.

If he considers them likely to come adrift and fly from under the vehicle at speed he could fail it.

They been there for months and some very spirited driving (putting it mildly) and not even as much as cracked the fibreglass also reason I fitted them was they had very substantial foam padding inside and while I never thought it would it did make a difference to diesel engine clatter lol

I thought only diesels had them when new - which is ironic frankly that LR thought the BMW engine was more likely to leak than the Rover V8...

Coinicidence ... I was just asking my favourite parts dealer for the complete under tray in order to "posh up" my low spec SE ;-)
As You said it reduces the noise ... are they really fitted to many Diesel engined examples? Would narrow the search a bit ...
I installed the bonnet insulation from a higher spec and it made a noticeable difference as well.
also hunting for information about window options in thickness ... curious and open for any input or information.
TIA KCR

I hadn't considered the noise implication but it makes sense - undertrays on actual BMWs are padded too, and given BMW engine... that was probably a BMWism more than LR.

They are (or were fitted) to my diesel. One under the engine and another under the gearbox. They do reduce a bit of clatter which I think is the sound reflected off the road back into the car?
Mine are currently off the car. They have been damaged and need patching up. A job on the list. The sound deadening material is also soaked in oil and needs replacing if I can find some suitable sound deadening pads. They are secured by special half turn screws and are still available.

Hi Dave3d, thanks for the input. Will look for some used ones, as Diesels are quite common over here.

KCR, the diesel one under the engine comes in 3 parts, 2 side bits and the bottom tray.

As I have the Option of getting some of these insulations, does anyone know, if they fit a V8?
Interference with the exhaust? Oilpan?