rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

enter image description here
hi could somebody please tell me what rim's I have on my 2.5td please somebody told me that they were discovery ones I'm looking for one as a spare

Triple Sport (see https://www.cxmdunord.nl/rims-land-rover/) same as I have on the Ascot. Not Discovery but actual Range Rover wheels, just not particularly common.

As far as I recall one of the reasons why are not so common is they were not standard offer but available only thru the "accesories catalogue", so special order. Nice rims.
We could turn this into the "rims topic", I had this in mind since a while ...

OK then folks let's see your rims

i have a set of those rims on a wreck i just picked up, also have a set of 22'' yes thats right 22'' on another wreck with 50mm profile tyres , how to waist money. will try to load pics later.

Ascot on Triple Sports, 8J x 18 so running the standard 255/55 x 18 tyres while the Ex-Plod is on Futura which are 7J x 16 so rather than running the usual 255/65 x 16 that all the other 8J x 16 wheels took, runs on 235/70 x 16 tyres (more commonly a Discovery 2 or late Range Rover Classic size). Only a few of the earlier, usually base model, P38s were fitted with the 7J x 16 wheels but plod obviously wanted to save a bit of money when they specced mine.

18" Comets which are a D2 wheel they came standard on mine due to a supply shortage for the Hurricanes during the last year of production, mine was built Oct 11th 2001 so quite near the end of production.

If i'm honest I prefer them to hurricanes, I'm was quite biased to a nice Mondial however after living with the Comets they're my favourite wheel.

Oh and the 16" wheels on my D2 "Meteors" apparently..

![enter image description here](https://i.imgur.com/E6j90kg.jpg "enter image title here")22'' rims anyone interested they have 35 profile tyres not 50 .

enter image description herethese are the triple sport that i just picked up . my daily drive has futura rims

I have Comets on mine aswell.

they were a standard fit D2 wheel, but on the P38 they weren't fitted as a "we have nothing left" but rather an option extra. My 2001 sales brochure shows them as being £800 extra to fit comets on a late model P38 - my 2001 Vogue has them, as someone seems to have ticked a load of extra boxes on the order form.... but my 2000 Vogue (which is still a work in progress) only had the standard Hurricanes on it.

The Comets are really nice ... I get the feeling they all came in "Silver Sparkle"?

Hurricanes are available in both "Bright Silver" (the classic alu alloy look) and "Silver Sparkle" (the polished diamond look) ... great rims actually.
I will still stuck to my 16" however :-)

Yes Silver sparkle is the colour most came in.. .

enter image description here ]

I've seen a few MY2000 and 01 plate cars some with Hurricanes others with Comets whether mine were spec'd with them or if they were the only option i don't know..

James Taylors book alluded to there being a supply shortage of hurricanes in 2001
They're my favourite wheel.

I'm afraid James Taylor takes what he hears from other people quite a lot Some years ago he kept on to me about the rover p6 special v8s as I knew a test driver ---- it all went in his book -- pre lockdown he parked his classic next to my vogue didn't even say hello ---- What is it with people putting big wheels and low profile tyres on range rovers ---- I think it is a drug dealer thing round where I live 🙄🙄

What is it with people putting big wheels and low profile tyres on range rovers

I agree with you on that one I don't see the point of doing it either

They’re certainly a poor choice for off-road. You can’t really air them down much.

18" are the max for me on any car tbf.

I've seen l322s with 22s really makes ya wonder

I like the 16" 5 spoke Lightings on mine but there doesn't seem to be an 18" equivalent. Which is getting in the way of my plans to try Vredesteins. I'm unconvinced by Grabbers in any shape or form despite mine being very good when new.

I know there is similar 18" wheel used on the D2 but that has a large flute down the middle of the spokes instead of the small subtle depression the Lightnings have. A bit too new money brash for my tastes.

Comets just seem flat and most of the other styles try too hard at the "look how stylish / cool I am" thing.

Clive

i do tend to agree that 22'' rims are ridiculously over the top . definitely a bit of bling. i had to remove them so i could move the rover , just so you know at 10'' wide you can not steer or really move it as it wanted to rip out the inner guards, so if anyone is interested the tires are near new accept they are perished so no good and yes even flat they looked like they had air in them
PS i was thinking i could put two off them on and take a picture and then take them off. i don't think i could get out off the paddock without damaging them. to sum it all up, what a waste off money:":😂
i swapped 2 p38s for the 4 classics that i had so if anyone wants some parts let me know i may have one.

1 classic worth 3x p38s let alone 4 😲 Lad at work selling his £25k Saturday --- his dad got a 2 door classic csk

no sorry not here, classics are not respected here and the ones i have are only parts mostly , he may be able to make one from all 4 . i have a friend with about 10 2 door classics and hasn't sold a part for years but he is still buying them when he finds them. there is a 2 door for sale locally and he can not get $6000 for it and its reasonable condition. i payed $400 dollars for 3 of them, thats the value here. as for the p38s one is parts the other has a over heating problem but is complete so repairable .