rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Developed a nice steering shudder under braking recently, very bad if I accelerate hard then immediately stomp on the brakes, the wheel shakes badly and the entire car seems to vibrate violently
There is also a nice pulsation through the brake pedal.

Oh and the weird bit if I brake very gently from say 70 it's fine until I reach around 35mph and she starts to pulsate the pedal . grr!!!

If I ease into the brakes the car is fine but I get the pulsating pedal,

If i'm doing over 60mph the car behaves fine under braking however once i'm under 35mph the pedal starts to pulsate and the other issue is hard to describe but i'll give it a go - it kind of feels like the brakes are being put on/off quickly - like the car is rocking forward and backward like it would if you were on/off the brakes but this only appears when going under 40mph.

I should stress that these issues only appear when braking, driving normally she drives beautifully.

Very odd.

Any ideas gents?

H

Sounds like a classic case of warped rotor on the front.
The additional shudder would be the actions of all of the slightly worn bushings being shoved back and forth.
A bad steering dampener would allow the effect to increase to the danger point.
The rotor could also be cracked. and a bad tyre can give shudder. Pulsing pedal however is down to a warped rotor.
Get the front wheels up and inspect the rotors, and calipers. like TODAY.
Very dangerous to drive it like this.
I have had "Sudden onset" of this on other trucks I have owned. Not fun!
Easy fix however....

Traction control is inhibited at speeds over 30mph and what you are describing sounds like ABS or TC doing what it should. As you also have/had a problem with the 3 Amigos and ABS failure coming up on the dash, I'd say it's connected with that problem.

Mine had juddering brakes and when I took them off the front rotors were warped ---- I think it's when driven hard heavy braking then holding to stop causes heat hold wear pads are touching disc ---- only thing I can guess at Apart from abs sensor/pump issue as Gilbertd stated

A nice set of EBC performance brake discs and pads...

Rimmer Bros got them delivered next day home from work there was a nice parcel waiting for me!

enter image description here

Old discs look sad, everything came off ok.

New discs themselves look to be anodized..

And fitted.

On to the old units!! ;)

The old disks themselves are actually almost concave, hard to pick up on the camera, however you can see the scouring and delamination starting!

The disk itself is even twisted slightly, hard to see in this pic but there is a warp

I did sit the disc on a flat metal work bench and that confirmed a pretty bad warp in the disc, so i'm not surprised it pulsated!

lol

Have to do the other side tomorrow as it immediatley started to piss it down....!!

Those disks are well fooked. Good job you caught it when you did.