rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hello folks,

Are the interiors interchangeable across all years of the P38?

My door cards are getting very tired and are missing too many mounting clips now (tabs pulled out of the back) meaning they flap a bit so I am looking to replace them. Before I assume I just want to confirm that the slightly different looking (smoothed grab handles) later door cards will line up and fit straight onto my older vehicles doors.

ALso, I have a cream interior. I don't know what the official colour name is but is it the same as sandstone? Did they change the colour when they altered the interior? Just asking as if there was a colour change I shall look for a full interior as the drivers seat is saggy and my colleagues 5 bar seats are noticeably more comfortable.

Regards,

Si.

Yes they are, all door cards will will all years. I know what you mean by the tabs pulling out of the cards. Over half of them had pulled out on a couple of the door panels on my Ascot. I ground the heads down on some self tappers and screwed them into the cards (with a dollop of Araldite to keep them in) to use instead of the original plastic tabs. The cream interior is Lightstone Beige but I don't think it changed over the years. The main difference with interiors is the post 1999 cars had airbags in the seats but the earlier ones didn't. There's 3 bar seats, 5 bar seats and Oxford leather (which are very comfortable) but all are interchangeable.

Excellent, thanks very much. So the extra airbags in later seats won't upset the SRS system (or just won't plug into anything).

Ta very much,

Si.

That's right, you'll have nothing to plug them into. It might be a good idea to short out the plugs, you don't really want a couple of dangling plugs attached to small explosive charges floating around under the seats.....

I have found a 6-bar seat set. I thought there were only 3 and 5 bar sets?

So did I, re-trimmed?

No, I have since seen another set. With red piping. Special edition perhaps? A bit of an unknown quantity, my colleagues 5-bar seats are more comfortable than my 3-bar seats. The drivers seat base looks a little worn as expected so would look to swap in from a passenger seat but if they are a rare special edition I'll probably not find one.

So just to add to the options, where does the Napa leather interior sit in the hierarchy of seats?

Smiler wrote:

So just to add to the options, where does the Napa leather interior sit in the hierarchy of seats?

I'm guessing slightly above the Knackered leather in mine!

Well it has all become rather academic. A trip to ikea to earn the required brownie point with the missus to sanction such an extravagant purchase resulted in a burst radiator so the funds have been spent.

Sad to hear ... missus "punished" you for wanting to go fancy with car mods? :-)

Pretty much.

The key with brownie points is to spend them immediately. Banking them is impossible.