rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

My name's Drew and I own a 1995 base model Range Rover 4.0 who I've named Calamity Jane. You can guess how she got that name. She's currently dead thanks to the dreaded key code lockout and non-functioning central locking. This is doubly frustrating as I just swapped in a high lift cam and some Turner gas-flowed cylinder heads. I'm in South Somerset.

Hello!

Have you tried entering the EKA in the normal way? The central locking will appear to be non-functioning because of the keycode lockout. If its a 95, I suspect (?) it would have a BeCM with too early a software version to enter the EKA through a Nanocom.

Unfortunately the passenger front door lock quit working some time ago so that is why I can't enter the EKA. You're right that the Nanocom won't work on mine. Apparently the Faultmate MSV-2 can be used to disarm it, but only if I buy the multi-vehicle software module.

Welcome! I've been where you are, it isn't fun :(

If you can get access to the interior without going deaf you'll be able to sort this out. It'll probably mean buying a refurbished driver's door lock from Marty which is well worth the price.

Is the car somewhere safe?

I've posted up a thread in the Electrickery section that explains where I'm at. I've tested both front latches and they're both fine. It appears I've got a bad connection between the BECM and the NSF Door outstation.

Welcome to the club!!

Hopefully you'll get it sorted out soon... Interested in hearing how much difference the gas flowed heads make with the high torque cam. I'm in the middle of building a replacement engine for mine and fitting a piper torquemax cam to the new engine to give it a bit more grunt low down. Not doing anything different on the heads through with regard to porting or polishing though as the budget doesn't quite extend that far!

I rebuilt the top end because it was pressurizing the cooling system and it had two flat cam lobes. I think the cam lobes were on their way out since I bought it as it always felt pretty sluggish (although it's a pretty big vehicle for 4.0L to haul around). I've fitted the H180 cam from Turner Engineering. The gas-flowed heads were a lucky find. A chap over in Devon listed them on eBay for £250 BIN or Best Offer. I offered him £200 and he came back saying someone up north had offered him £225 and if I matched that price they were mine if I came and collected him. I don't think they were on eBay for more than a couple of hours.

Unfortunately I haven't had it running much since the rebuild thanks to the current electrical malarky, but it's feeling a lot peppier now.