rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Usually known as either BBS GUY or BBS SPY on quite a number of forums, I make absolutley no secret as to the fact that I own and run Blackbox Solutions Ltd.

I have no need or desire to promote our company or products here on this forum, as most will already know exactly what we do and just how long we have been doing it.

My main reason for joining is actually to help and assist this forum to grow and I feel sure any that soap boxing I may accidentaly slip into will be honestly recognised for any bias it contains.

I hope to be able to freely share my insider knowledge of both our products and developments here, alongside my obvious technical knowledge of the P38 to help and assist It's members when and where I possibly can.

ATB

Colin

Welcome along to the pub. Quite a number of us on here already own a Nanocom anyway but I must admit that there's often the odd query on exactly how to use it. I know I've been puzzled at times with what it is actually telling me, so your presence will no doubt be very useful. This forum actually came about after a couple of us fell foul of the admin on the other main site, so you're in good company......

Welcome indeed.

Good stuff, welcome!

Hiya's all and many thanks for the very warm welcome.

Of course, my priority is and will be to assist this forum and it's members in any way I possibly can ;-)
In fact under the circumstances, I intend to make it a point to do so

Re falling foul, it should cheer you all to know that my own particular foul was to outwit, and give as good, if not better, than I got.

But very glad to be in this club :-)

ATB

Colin

Then you're welcome :D

Oh you want to watch who you run afoul of here, the mods and owner are right barstewards.

I consider that a definate upgrade over some gordonjcp ;-)

BBS-GUY wrote:

I consider that a definate upgrade over some gordonjcp ;-)

Agreed. At least here they are Brit barstewards!

Aloha Colin!
It is so good of you to stop by! Your shout?
Nice to know we can get a quick answer to questions about some of the detailed nuances of your really schweet products.
I am currently Cruising in SE Oz, and have my Nanocom aboard the boat. I have used it to help out 2 P38 owners in NZ and 1 here in Oz so far! Great way to meet folks along the way. Turns out that if you can get their P-38 started for them, they will give you many many beers!
Good stuff, and I believe all 3 now have their own units.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Tom

A big welcome from me as well Collin. I have got a Faultmate system for the p38.
It would be a huge asset to this forum if you stopped by from time to time.

Hiya Guys and being politically correct, Gals, many thanks for the very warm welcome and appreciation of my contribution potential to this forum, especially as i am understanding and have more reason to support it than most.
I will of course do my best to drop in, check posts and contribute as often as I can.

However as most will appreciate, with running a company such as Blackbox, I have a very heavy and distracting work load.
So i would really appreciate any member here seeing any post or opportunity that I might possibly contribute in, dropping me an e-mail at colin-forums@blackbox-solutions.com.

ATB

Colin

(Well, to be off the ol' P-38 topic a bit...........)
Aloha Colin,
I have a Mate here in Oz who has an 2002 L322 TDV6
Showed him the Nano I have here for my P-38 and he was hooked.........Seems that there is not one available however?
True?
Cheers,
Tom

You're right, I thought there was one but just looked and there appears to be a gap. L322 from 2010-2013 but not for the earlier ones.

Hiya Guy's
The Nanocom Evolution indeed only offers coverage for the L322 before 2010.
I appreciate that this might not seem logical, But the reason for this is mainly because it won't fit, as i will explain.

The P38 typically has only about 7 ECU's on board with Diagnostic capabilities, even covering all options and variants, comes to only about 14.
The L322 however has typically around 20 and all options and variants comes to more like 30.

On the P38 ECU's, most are somewhat basic with a limited number of Fault codes and settings. Eg the most sophisticated for settings is the BeCM with around 40.
See this help page.
BeCM Help

However, on the L322, most of the ECU's are vastly more complex with hundreds of fault codes and hundreds of settings.
Eg the BCU (BeCM equivilent) has 120 settings and other ECU's like the Instrument pack and even just the Park distance have a lot more each.
BCU Help
Ipac Help
PDC Help

You can hopefully appreciate that it would be near impossible to fit so many settings on a unit with a screen that typically has 6 settings on each page, not to mention the massive amounts of memory space the coding would require.

So sadly, this model and year range is just not viable on the Nanocom Evolution.

So how then are we able to offer coverage of later more sophisticated models like L322's from 2010 and Discovery 3's etc you might wonder.
The answer is down to these vehicles being CAN BUS based, which networks them and complete standardisation across all their ECU's, which allows us to create general functionality based coverage for rather than model or ECU specific ones.

EG all settings for these vehicles are stored as a file call the CCF (Car Configuration File) in just one Master ECU which then shares this over the CAN BUS network with all other ECU's. Modification of the CCF is not provided directly on the Nanocom Evolution, but via an on line resource we call Genesis.

I hope this helps explain the basics, but am happy to answer any questions

ATB
Colin