rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Well it's £100 in parts for a full gasket set and a set of stretch bolts from Island (10 bolt engine, is that correct?)
I've never done a headgasket solo before (I passed spanners for someone doing one on a BMW E30 years ago).
I've got a set of Torque wrenches and I know where the local machine shop to get the head skimmed.
Hmmmmmmm

https://www.island-4x4.co.uk/head-gasket-reinz-stc4082reinz-p-26600.html

https://www.island-4x4.co.uk/head-bolt-1994-da2141g-p-1208.html
OK £120 with the VAT :/

I would suggest Arp Studs rather than bolts. Much less potential for damaging the threads in the block. AZ510A is the correct set.

Ten times the price - oof!
https://www.v8tuning.co.uk/fasteners-bolts

and that's cheaper than other places that are asking £250!

Just checked Real Steel and they are exactly the same price. But, as said, it does make the job easier, the heads can be torqued down more accuartely and evenly and less chance of future problems. Fit them and torque down to 65 ft/lb, none of this heaving on a bar to get 90 degrees and waiting for something to give.

OK well, that pushes it back a bit - I've just paid £700 for the Jeep and Duchess this month for bits and bobs. Mainly on the Jeep which got a new exhaust from the manifold back...
Hey ho. I'll start assembling parts either way!

When I’ve read the reviews of whether to use ARP studs or TTY bolts, they are mixed. Like Morat said, at 10x the price and mixed reviews, I went with new TTY bolts on both the P38 and Disco 2.
The studs would definitely be easier but I’m not convinced better otherwise.

I'm quite happy with pulling a big bar. Less happy to snap stretch bolts. I could take Chris's advice and torque the stretch bolts... he's been around! ;)
But, that's not a decision I need to take until I've got the head off and skimmed.

The problem with bolts is you don't know if they are an identical spec to original. If they are too soft and stretch too easily, the heads won't be held down as well as they should be so the head gasket will fail again. Too hard so don't stretch as much as they should and there's a risk of pulling the threads out of the block or snapping the bolts. With an engine out of the car, giving a long bar 90 degrees isn't a problem, trying to do it with the engine in the car is nigh on impossible as other things get in the way.

With the studs, you simply torque them down in two or three stages. I'd be interested to see reviews that have preferred bolts over studs as the only advantage I can see with them is cost.

If quality control is poor as you’re suggesting (some too soft and some too hard), then the bolts aren’t a good idea. The idea of a stretch bolt is that it will hold the torque evenly, even if you don’t get the 90+90 exactly right, and hold it evenly through heat cycles and age. Properly made stretch bolts work really well.