rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Sorry to be lazy, but i'm sure someone has the answer... on P38 no2 the passenger lock locks shut on the key fob, but does not open.... is that likely to be a jammed rod? seems odd for the motor to work one way and not the other... It just helps before pulling the door card off so that I can line up the necessary spares...

Microswitches probably bad.

If it thinks it is already unlocked it won't try to unlock it again. That would point to the CDL switch, can you operate the central locking with the sill button on that door?

The fob locks , but cannot then unlock, the passenger door (all others open and close as expected). Central locking does not work using any of the sill switches... obviously it should, but it doesn't... which door do i tear apart first : o)

I would suspect the passenger one. I was thinking I could check mine with the passenger door unlocked and drivers door locked and seeing if the sill buttons would work, only to realise that with the central locking you can't have one locked and another unlocked if it is working as it should. You've got the Nano so you can confirm if the switches in the latches are working with that. Ignition Off, BeCM - Diagnostics - Inputs - Door Locking. From there you can look at the logic status of each switch which will be shown as either 12V or GRND. So if you operate it, you should see it change from one to the other.

Tnx, good point, although my nano is out of reach at the mo...i'll wait until I retrieve the nano before pulling things apart