Original Cam.

enter image description here

Potato grade pics unfortunately but i've run a straight edge across the follower face and all of them are flat,

From what I understand 140,000 on a RV8 cam means they're usually a write off..

StrangeRover wrote:

From what I understand 140,000 on a RV8 cam means they're usually a write off..

Only if it is totally neglected and never given an oil change. That looks nice and clean inside so has been serviced regularly. My original cam was still OK when the engine was rebuilt at 287k and the new one has now done a further 203k and still going strong.

if all the followers are as good as the ones you have pics on then it's all good . if you want to lift them out and visually inspect them and they are all as good then things are good, put them back where they came from of cause , no scuffs on the cam lobs then that's good to .

Heads off, all the liners are still in place and the bores still have their crosshatch..

Turners have got headbolts for £30 those or something else?

I've seen studs but they're £210!!

A lot of people like the studs. I went for new TTY bolts on both my P38 and D2 with no issues. Like you say, way cheaper.

Real Steel (www.realsteel.co.uk) have ARP studs for £162 for the 10 stud set (which is what you need. Far better and much easier to use. Just torque them down to 65 ft/lb, none of this swinging on a breaker bar trying to get the 90 degree turn on them.