rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

But my Range Rover thinks it is!
Does anyone know what I should do about the Sat Nav in The Duchess deciding that we're in NW9? I'm not sure what all the little logos mean but there's a globe and stars thing which looks to me like "I can see satellites". Or it might mean "I'm seeing stars, wibble wobble"

It's only happened recently, and it only matters now because M. L'Orange (of this parish) has sent me a spiffy new Sat Nav disk or which I'd like to take full advantage.

Cheers!

I'd have thought the Nav would default to Chelsea. :)
It can take around 15 mins to locate itself, according to the book:

_If the vehicle battery has been disconnected,
or if the vehicle has been transported to a
new location on another vehicle (eg. by
trailer or train), the navigation system will
require approximately 15 minutes to identify
the new position. Entering the new location
manually will reduce this delay

Entering the vehicle’s current position:
From the ’Destination memory’ menu,
highlight and select ’Enter current car
position’. The navigation computer calculates
and displays the vehicle’s current position. If
a name is required, highlight and select
’Name:’, then use the typewriter menu to
enter the name.
Highlight and select ’enter’ to store the
current position in the destination memory._

It could be worse, at least NW9 is Edgware so a reasonably pleasant part of London, you'd need to really worry if she was in N22, she'd be sitting on a pile of bricks with no wheels and all the windows smashed......

The picture of a globe and stars do indeed confirm she can see satellites but you are talking about an early generation GPS receiver so will take some time to work out where she is and lock on. That's always assuming she can see sufficient satellites, there are times when there just aren't enough of them visible.

Hmmm, does it need 15 minutes stationary?
I'll do the procedure above and see what happens!
Thanks again :)

Search me!
My car never goes anywhere so it always knows where it is. I think I'm getting screen burn with an image of the workshop location

N22 is quite nice compared to some other parts of London - Harlesden or Thornton Heath for example!

Nope, still in North London.
Seems you can only enter the car location 3 times before it stops you from being so damn silly.

Weird! It worked a couple of weeks ago.

What does it do with the old disk?

BrianH wrote:

N22 is quite nice compared to some other parts of London - Harlesden or Thornton Heath for example!

N22 is Harlesden which is why I said that one but I agree on Thornton Heath, and quite a few other areas that are just as bad......

Orangebean wrote:

What does it do with the old disk?

I'll try but I don't think the disk was a factor. I noticed I was 220 miles away last time I looked at the SatNav too. But now I have the new disk I want it to work :)

It might be easier to move house to where the satnav thinks you are :)

Gilbertd wrote:

BrianH wrote:

N22 is Harlesden which is why I said that one but I agree on Thornton Heath, and quite a few other areas that are just as bad......

Looks more like Wood Green? Nw10 is Harlesden. Though neither is recommended!

I'll go and have another go later on, hopefully it'll let me enter the location again. This time I'll leave it parked in the middle of the village and enter the correct postcode. Last night I moved to a field entrance with a perfect view of the sky but I got bored waiting for 15 minutes!

If you display the map by putting it in off road, does your location move when you drive?

And we're back in the room!

The fix was to set a destination and navigate. The map was 200 miles off but the direction (2015, thanks OrangeBean) were spot on. After a few "please wait" messages between map screens it all came into line.

Now you'll be able to tell the recovery people exactly where you've broken down :)

I'll take that!

Does it use the same screen set up as the old one ? As my screen hasn't changed and I've still not got postcode option when inputting data

Same screen Chris. Just start to enter the postcode, (enter first two letters) then you get a row of numbers underneath the remaining letter choices when you move to the third.

Cheers mark