rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

So, just sitting in the house, doing not much and suddenly WEEP WEEP WEEEP
The Duchess decides that someone has opened the front left door. Yes the same one that had a new (ebay) outstation a couple of weeks ago and a Marty refurbished door lock a few months ago. I silenced the alarm, "Alarm Triggered LH-F" and drive her forward and back a few yards. "Door Open LH-F" showed up. It's intermittent, but that's clearly enough to mean I can't lock the car. All other functions are fine (windows, mirrors, central locking).

On a normal car I'd be looking for one of those rubber covered pin switch things, but I can't see one on the Range Rover.
What's the most likely cause?
Cheers!
Morat

One of the microswitches in the latch is the "door ajar" switch.
Cause- microswitch (unlikely as it's a Marty build), cable or connector to outstation (PW), outstation.
I'm sure Marty will be along to give some expert guidance.
Mine does the opposite on the black one- doesn't recognise it as being open!

argh, ok. Thanks.
I guess it's time to have that door apart again and see if any of the wiring is crusty.

Test the latch microswitch aswell, just to be sure....

In all the latches I've built, I've had one failure, and it was due to a wire rubbing/bad connection on a solder joint - so all the latches now get heatshrink on the wiring to make sure they are held sturdy... but that doesn't mean to say in the couple of hundred microswitches I've ordered over the years, one hasn't gone faulty... If it is the microswitch, then I'll make sure it's sorted for you.

Marty