rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Well, after a little lurking time to say hello.

I'm a good mate of GibertD on here, and after doing many miles in his P38, taking the piss out of him for the amount of work he's put into it (while I've been using one of those J**P things)....on a whim I bought a 4.6 P38, and I have to admit to quite liking it !

I bought it off a guy who restores E Types, and builds very fine replica C types. He bought it off a customer, and it appears to be quite a nice one. Rumoured to have Stage 2 heads, and Tornado cams it goes quite well !

So an oil leak to chase, possible SRS Ecu, key fob to try and coax into life, but all good, and already been working for a living loaded to the gunnels on muddy fields.

(My bonus prize was finding a Nanocom in the glovebox....I didn't actually know what it was) !

Welcome!
Stick a few more details of the car and location (probably around GilbertDville!) into your sig so we know what you've got.
Good result on the Nano Evo- they're pretty blooming handy for talking to these cars and save a lot of head scratching.
How do you find the Tornado cam? They're usually a semi-race item in big-boreTVR's and the like and have a power/ torque band from 1800 - 6500 rpm so on paper a bit "sporty" for a RR. Perhaps it has a Tornado chipset rather than cam?
At the moment you're still at the "quite liking" stage- hopefully that'll move up into "like" as you find just what a capable car it can be.

Just got off the phone to him and he admitted he'd finally got around to signing up. We aren't sure if it's a Tornado cam or chip but I have to admit, it's bloody quick. The stupidly expensive Prins LPG system doesn't run out of puff even at 5,500 rpm either. One interesting thing is the coils have been moved to a bracket at the front of the plenum (1998 so GEMS motor) where they sit neatly between the alternator and AC compressor. It's suddenly developed an SRS fault which Nano reports as internal module fault so we're going to try swapping the ECU with the one in my SE one day next week. We also suspect the keyfob receiver has been disconnected but we'll have a crack at that at the same time. He's in South Beds so not on my doorstep but not too far away.

Welcome to the madness :)
Don't worry about the Jeep - I've got one too!