rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hello folks,

Did any of the attendees of this years summer camp take any photos? My cameras SD card has corrupt and I've lost mine. I have a few low-res copies of some of them that I posted on my thread on the Retro-Rides forum but there are a few missing and I'm trying to write this months (rather late) submission.

Cheers,

Smiler.

Apart from this external shot with Morat doing his edge trimming surrounded by empty glue tins, Marty and Sloth fiddling on their tailgates and Gilbertd wandering past supervising to make sure that whatever's being done is done properly, unfortunately not.
enter image description here

That's not a bad picture, does anyone have any objections if I were to use it?

Not at all. If you crop the X1-9 off the left side but leave the right side as it is, you can just see the stack of headlining shells waiting for Dina to clean them off.

I was thinking more like this, with the caption "Make sure that your work table is easily accessible,your surroundings are spotlessly clean and you wear suitable protective clothing"
enter image description here

:)

Do you want me to email the original (full version) Smiler? If so, pm me your email address

Ooh, if you could please, PM on its way.

Oh lor. Does this mean I have to get braces before I can do mine.

Braces really don't go with the proper Rohan Bags experience y'know.

Clive

Braces = Morat's insurance against Builders Butt :)

I thought they made him a rather distinguished gent.

Hehe, I've met 2 of you, now after messaging Gilbert for the best part of a decade I know what he looks like.too. Conk nearly as big as mine but I didn't have to admit that... Gilbert I have you at a disadvantage Sir ;-)

Smiler wrote:

Hello folks,

Did any of the attendees of this years summer camp take any photos? My cameras SD card has corrupt and I've lost mine. I have a few low-res copies of some of them that I posted on my thread on the Retro-Rides forum but there are a few missing and I'm trying to write this months (rather late) submission.

Cheers,

Smiler.

Smiler wrote:

Hello folks,

Cheers,

Smiler.

Wonder if a chkdsk type program would rescue any pics from the corrupted card? Mind you if we approach diagnosis in the same way as we do most problems - Was the card OK previous to taking any pics featuring Gilbert? lol

what's with Morats car? More dust than the top of a B&B skirting board.

Lpgc wrote:

.... if we approach diagnosis in the same way as we do most problems ....

Ah- blame the BECM, low battery voltage, failing door latch, and slipped liners. That should cover it...

blueplasticsoulman wrote:

what's with Morats car? More dust than the top of a B&B skirting board.

He'll be mortified if he reads that. The Duchess is NEVER dirty.
That's not his car- it's one of Marty's project cars

ah fair enough. I just recall him having a green one and I put 2 and 2 together.

Lpgc - I'll look into that, thanks.

In the absence of a diagnostics tool for my DSE I have been fine tuning the fuel quantity delivery controller on top of the pump with one 2lb hammer being used as a drift whilst being carefully tapped with a small lump hammer. Calibrated of course...

Oh, and I also have a generously proportioned conk. "Up the peoples front of Judea!"

I downloaded some software to recover pictures from the memory card from my camera after my ex unplugged it from the USB port without shutting it down. It recovered all bar about 3 from over 400 pictures. It's installed on my desktop computer but I'll fire it up in teh morning and have a look and see which one it was. It had to be paid for but I think it was only 10 Dollars or something like that. The free undelete programs tend to only show you what they can find but not let you recover them.

Gilbertd wrote:

I downloaded some software to recover pictures from the memory card from my camera after my ex unplugged it from the USB port without shutting it down. It recovered all bar about 3 from over 400 pictures. It's installed on my desktop computer but I'll fire it up in teh morning and have a look and see which one it was. It had to be paid for but I think it was only 10 Dollars or something like that. The free undelete programs tend to only show you what they can find but not let you recover them.

I've used Piriform Recuva before to restore deleted files - the free version of that did work ok. Paid for version does more, but not what you need.

Though I'd try chkdsk first as Simon suggested above as thats worked when the drive in my Bosses laptop decided it didn't want to boot anymore and wasn't even visible in windows (was so corrupted it caused disk management to freeze when connected) to rescue stuff they wanted off it (and hadn't backed up previously). Think i had to play with the switches to get it to run at boot if I remember rightly.

Now that's interesting, I have an old hard drive kicking around here that sudddnly stopped 'existing'...

This is the one I used, worked perfectly http://www.lsoft.net/unformat.aspx

The chkdsk program is still in Windows, has been around since Dos, dunno if it'll work but I'd probably try it first.

In Windows, run command prompt as an administrator (right click to open and select the admin option).
If you enter 'help chkdsk' a summary of all chkdsk's runtime options/switches are displayed.

Seems entering 'chkdsk g: /f' where g: is the drive (change g to whatever drive your memory card is) and /f is the 'switch' that instructs it to fix errors might work... although I might be confusing volumes and drives.

Or an easier way - File explorer, right click on a drive, properties, tools. But you don't get all the same options that the switches in command line chkdsk provide.

Been a while since I was really into IT and it seems I'm pretty much out of it lol.