rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Bit more work to do. Air intake needs to come off and be soaked in some sort of stripper to get the crap off it, and the underside of the bonnet needs doing. I might get the wire wheel on the compressor and other shiny bits too. All in all I'm fairly pleased with the initial outcome.

enter image description here

Delicious!

On the compressor, air con lines and alternator I used carb cleaner and a soft brass brush. The engine had been lacquered at some point, but the cleaner stripped it off and it all came up a treat.

Morat wrote:

Delicious!

Looks like you've got competition,, better get polishing,,

I get the feeling that Morat will be spending the rest of his French holiday under the bonnet with a cotton bud and silver polish now...

I do like a nice clean engine bay. I removed lacquer on my air intake with compressed air and a blower gun lifted it of a treat.
Rob.

I'm not as much of a detailing freak as you'd like to think but I do appreciate the effort here!

My detailing involves a car wash, a quick wipe across the dash and centre consul, job done, I've got one engine in the garage that I went a bit mad on, had lots of powder coating done, suppose eventually it will go on eBay,, it was more to keep me busy than anything else

A clean engine bay does look nice and that looks like BPS worked hard today. Well done. I'm cheating and paying to have mine all detailed next Wednesday

Cost me 30 quid for a new steamer and took 90 minutes. Best bit was the silicone lube to finish it all off and make the blacks shiny.

Everyone should do it. Dead easy and the results are rather satisfying. Being fair, my engine wasnt proper manky. Just general muck.

Show off ! Well you are welcome here anytime but you'll need a pickaxe to get through the muck on my engine before any 'cleaning' can take place.......and then I'd be scared of whats underneath anyway.....

Gave mine a rinse over today. It didn't need it but the rat that insists on trying to get into the house at night hides on the chassis in the bay when Madam's Shi Tzu comes hunting. So I was getting rid of the rat smell so the dog's face doesn't wind up covered in brake dust!

Sorry, let me correct that. The dog's face was covered in brake dust this morning, so I washed the smell of rat away! :-)

Stables, horses and doors, eh?

Another question. What sort of rat (apart from stupid) picks on a house with three dogs in it?