rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Got me this in the post today.

enter image description here

Gonna go fit it now.

Going for the Full Sauna look?
Pro Tip: when you start considering pine benches for seats you've gone too far... :)

done!

Clashes with the worktop and the tongue and groove flooring that you've obviously previously installed in the car...

I've been busy too. Ordered on Monday afternoon, delivered yesterday (but had something else on last night or I'd have fitted it then) and fitted tonight. Absolutely beautifully made and a perfect fit too. After putting the coolant I drained out back in, I had to put about another 3 litres in to top it up and after taking it for a run, it'll still need topping up once it's cooled down.

Checked it with the Nano and running at between 86 and 89 degrees even after some welly in Sport mode compared with 91-93 with the old one in there so seems to do what it says it does. For £159 with free delivery, it isn't worth bothering with a standard one, especially if you do any heavy towing like I do.

Do they come in walnut?

blueplasticsoulman wrote:

Do they come in walnut?

You can get them hydrodipped!

You may be the one that cleans and polishes everything, I consider an engine bay is supposed to be dirty, especially one that clocked over 340,000 miles a few days ago. I'll admit I did wipe the slam panel with a wet cloth before taking the pictures but that was more to wipe the raindrops off it as it started pissing down within seconds of me starting the swap.

If it was meant to be dirty, they'd sell em like that. :-)

Hmm, that's very true. But I think they must do. Every car I've ever bought has been dirty......

Gilbertd wrote:

Hmm, that's very true. But I think they must do. Every car I've ever bought has been dirty......

Same here.

Did you apply the sticker of the bull yourself? Or did it come attached to the battery?

Lest we not forget the sight of Marty's engine bay ;) sorry mate!

That radiator looks very interesting. As I have no viscous fan on my Thor, I'd been considering one of them too. My radiator is weeping from a corner... I reckon with a bit of creative plumbing and adaptation of the top house spout, I'd be able to fit one of them in.

blueplasticsoulman wrote:

Did you apply the sticker of the bull yourself? Or did it come attached to the battery?

Attached to the battery, it's the logo for Banner Batteries (https://www.bannerbatterien.com/en-gb/Home) it would seem. Bought from my local motor factors before everyone started recommending the ginormous one although I suspect it wouldn't fit on mine as the LPG controller is bolted to the inner wing next to the battery.

Sloth wrote:

Lest we not forget the sight of Marty's engine bay ;) sorry mate!

Yeah but look how long that lasted with the track up to his workshop.....

Sloth wrote:

That radiator looks very interesting. As I have no viscous fan on my Thor, I'd been considering one of them too. My radiator is weeping from a corner... I reckon with a bit of creative plumbing and adaptation of the top house spout, I'd be able to fit one of them in.

You could either go for creative plumbing or a bit of TIG welding. The only difference between a GEMS and Thor rad is the position of the top hose spout. When I first got mine it had a Thor rad in it and a top hose that ran over the top of the fan shroud to the opposite side of the rad. If you look at the second picture, you can see where whoever did it had heated and moulded a smooth edge on the shroud so it didn't cut into the hose.

I have got the same radiator on my diesel. Made by Allisport. It was on for several years but suddenly sprung a leak where one of the tubes had been chafing on my turbo intercooler ( I have the diesel).
I tried my hand at aluminium welding, technically it was aluminium brazing, and it has been OK since.

Gilbertd wrote:

You could either go for creative plumbing or a bit of TIG welding. The only difference between a GEMS and Thor rad is the position of the top hose spout. When I first got mine it had a Thor rad in it and a top hose that ran over the top of the fan shroud to the opposite side of the rad. If you look at the second picture, you can see where whoever did it had heated and moulded a smooth edge on the shroud so it didn't cut into the hose.

I may as well go the plumbing route as I have no stock fan shroud or massive viscous fan in the way. Plus, I can remove the high point in the Thor top hose completely if I did.

Next year sometime... might have to get a standard one if the weep becomes a leak, bigger, house-sized things have appeared above it on the list.