rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Currently on mobile and can't find a way to browse his offerings on his website.

The homepage has a small selection of this at the bottom and the search is returning no results at all.

I've looked but I can't find any buttons to view all products or categories etc.

Am I missing something or does the mobile version of the website not work properly?

On my Note using Chrome I have the same thing RR.
To browse all the product categories you have to scroll right to the very small print at the foot of the page and click on Site Map. You can then see all of the product trees.

That's got it. I wonder how much more business he would get if his stock easier to find?

He does have a job on the go too as well as making his webshop available, and is currently out of the country on work :)

Probably wasn't aware of the issue, I'm sure he'll look into it once he sees this.

Yes, I am aware it is a problem. If you 'request desktop version' it should work.

Regarding fixing it... I have been looking into options for awhile now - but it's something to do with the open cart framework I use as it is a complete e-commerce platform, and whilst there is support for it, I haven't really found a definitive solution yet.

I am also away at the moment as Sloth says, and not really home until the first week of January - so time is limited. How much business do I miss out on? I'm not sure - I keep an eye occasionally on site stats (it only has very basic logging of how many people are currently looking at the site) and the traffic isn't that high to start with. That being said, I don't promote it very much as I never know when I'm going to be away - and I don't always have items finished and in stock either.

EDIT as a temporary 'fix' I've managed to find a way to make it so the LH menu bar with all the categories in it appears in mobile view. I've just tried it and it appears above the content for the page, so a bit more scrolling might be required. The research I've found so far is that the framework I'm using doesn't natively have a mobile view layout - and there are various extensions it seems that range from $30US to about $100US to enable various forms or mobile browsing.

I tried to cheat around it and use Google to search your website but it seems Google isn't aware you exist lol.

Your being out of the country isn't a problem in the end, you appear to be out of stock of the door amp connectors :(

Enjoy your time away and thanks for having a prod at the site! I did know you have another job and sorry if it came across as a complaint :)

No problem - I didn't take it as a complaint - just one of those "ah bollocks, I haven't actually sorted that yet!" And then when I looked into it I found out why I hadn't got it sorted last time!

I've put everything out of stock on the website whilst I'm away, as it means that people can't order things and then complain to me when I haven't shipped them because I'm away for so long etc. I do however still have a load of the door amp connectors, so if you can hold off until I'm back, then they will be available again.

Google, probably don't know I exist too much, no - I haven't done much in the way of advertising - the website more started as a way for me to keep track of what stock I actually have when I am home, and then pointing people to it if they needed something specific, so it was orderable, and then I would get all the details in one go rather than sometimes trying to consolidate multiple facebook messages/emails etc. So from that point it hasn't really grown tooooo much! That and having been away so much over the last few years with work has meant I haven't had the time to dedicate to sorting all the niggles etc. Though I might have more time about home next year, and if there is more general interest in the website (or I get my arse into gear and actually get a decent level of stock on most items!) then I'll probably make the time to invest in it a bit more!

I also think I have robot.txt file which stops the likes of google snooping around, and that's probably legacy from when I had the site hosted on my home server, and didn't really want it trawling through all of my web folders etc (as I use the web hosting on the server for images for forums and other things like that too)... though now it's all hosted externally, I should probably look at that too - as it would be useful for google and the likes to be able to find it a bit easier!

Let me know if you still need door amp connectors when I get back and I'll make them available for you. I still have plenty of them!

Will do, although now that my DSP appears to have finally died my hand is being forced a little. I started gathering the parts ages ago but never found the time to actually do it.

If I do d time to do it before Christmas I'll have to find another way to connect the wiring to the amps but if I don't I'll order some connectors in January :)

I am home on Tuesday afternoon, and have a whole day at home on Wednesday before heading back to Heathrow on Thursday.... So I could potentially get connectors sent out when I'm back if that helps.

I have been trying to put everything off until January, as I always seem to take on too much when I am at home, and then end up in a rush/stressed trying to get everything done before having to head out the door again.

But if it's just some connectors you need, then I think I'll have time to put some in a jiffy bag and go past the post office...

I've made one set of the connectors available on the website if you do want to order them, but I won't be able to send them until Wednesday 6th.

Marty

Can't ask for better customer service than that!

This reminds me, I still need to send back my faulty door latch in exchange for the one I bought from you. I'll wait until January to do that, so you don't miss it while you're away.

I'm awful at finding the time do things.

Got the order, thanks. I'll get it shipped out when I'm back, so should be with you Thursday I would imagine.

Door latch, yes, January is fine for that - I'll be at home for most of the month (or at least that's what I'm planning/hoping for!) so can receive it back and get the core charge refunded to you ASAP.

I usually have a list of things to do either on my own RR, on my restoration RR's, or even just around the home - but everything invariably gets put off as/when work or things for other people come in! But hey, don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow, right? :)

Btw Marty, now we've had some snow the heater matrix and heated seats are much appreciated thank you 😀

🎯👌

Sadly I now need the same in my jeep which has no heat at all now. Gotta laugh! Luckily there is a garage a lot closer than Swindon so I won't be risking frostbite on another 5 hour winter drive 😁