rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

My Saga continues, when repairing the car the battery went flat. Charged it overnight last night and put it back on the car and now the alarm beeps every time I open the car. It will not let me put the EKA code in, This is the only way I can start the car as the key remote doesn't work and I only have 1 key.

Any ideas?

I am guessing I will need a Nanocom to set to it to Passive Immobilisation.

Wait 30 mins (ish) for Key Code Lockout message to disappear from message panel before attempting EKA
By the way- if battery output isn't good enough it can also cause EKA entry problems

Thanks Chris just phoned me and told me to have a cup of tea and try again.

A good cuppa can fix almost anything :)

OK, Bonnet wasn't properly shut that was probably the cause of the flat battery in the first place as the car would not have gone into a deep sleep.

Thanks all,

Back to fixing it again.

Next time when you have a repair over a longer period of time and don't trust the battery, leave it unlocked and disconnect the battery. Lock the car manually by the sillbuttons and drivers doorlock.
Do the repair, unlock, lock the doors as you please, when you reconnect the battery see to it the doors are all unlocked. The BeCM will always revert to the state when the battery was disconnected.
Tony.

Its almost tempting to put a battery isolator in there, Whenever I am away or leaving at an Airport I could pop the bonnet and flick a switch.

Rcutler wrote:

Its almost tempting to put a battery isolator in there, Whenever I am away or leaving at an Airport I could pop the bonnet and flick a switch.

Don't do it! You'll be flirting with EKA/ sync issues, resetting radio, windows, sunroof every time...
Consider a solar panel and proper regulator, or a 2nd battery installation with split charger

Good point had forgotten about the windows sync thing. Even though I did it a little over 1 hour ago!

One thing no one has mentioned, what ever you do, don’t leave the key in car with door closed when connecting the battery, it WILL lock you out,

no10chris wrote:

One thing no one has mentioned, what ever you do, don’t leave the key in car with door closed when connecting the battery, it WILL lock you out,

My heart sank when I was collecting a new one with one key once... I put the battery on it and heard it clunk and sh!t myself! Thankfully I checked my back pocket and found the key. Don’t think I’ve ever breathed such a sigh of relief.

David.

Hah, I had a similar feeling last week as I gave some guys a lift at work. I picked them up in front of the house, engine running. Got out to move the child seat and knocked the door pin down and the door swung shut. At that point I was standing outside a running car with all the doors locked and no spare key. Of course, the driver's door had only shut on the first catch and once I'd thought about it for a couple of seconds I knocked the door fully shut and the doors unlocked.
It was a heart stopping moment and I'm glad all my doorlocks are behaving - thanks Marty!!

no10chris wrote:

See, this is the sort of information I could have used back in 2003, instead of finding out on a Friday evening in Manchester Airport's car park!