rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Gave the rangey some TLC at the weekend, and one of the jobs was fixing the rear wiper as it was seized.

Luckily it all came apart, cleaned up and greased the shaft and reassembled and it now works perfectly. Treated it to a new blade while i was there.

However the rear wash doesnt work. Theres not a peep when i press the button, so i guess its a pump issue?

Is there a common fault, or do i just need to get in about it and do some testing to see if its the pump itself or something else?

The pumps do fail, and you can swap them around to test.

Make sure the water is topped up first! Mine seems to stop washing the rear when the level is low, which is a pretty sensible arrangement. I thought the pump had failed but next time I topped up the washer fluid it started working again and has been fine since :)

The other fault is the washer bottle builds up with a gel like substance from washer fluid, my rear pump was gummed up with that, pulled the pump out ( got wet ) cleared the gunk away and hey presto, it works again after a year of no rear washer.

Once you get the pump running you'll probably find it still won't work. There's two non-return valves at the back that go non-return in both directions. I replaced one of those, the rear washer worked for about a week and then the other one failed.

cool i will see what i find. I guess the gunge jams up the non-return valves, It might be worth trying to flush the line thru with the valves removed to get rid of all the debris?

I also wonder if the tank itself has a leak, as i've poured 5 litres into it then found it bring on the "low screenwash" warning having not really used it all that much!