rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

hi i am a member here,just thought i would say i have been banned for life,from range rover net, for telling some one they were a nerd,surley toad has lost the plot, he called me a troll,but did not put his name to it,HIS OARS DONT TOUCH THE WATER,,ha ha

Welcome to the club, I was banned for life too (using this username). I noticed that the thread you were involved in suddenly had a few posts removed and figured someone was due for a banning. Obviously you........

should rename the forum to "Bannedfromrangerovers.net.pub". I think there's a few here now. lol

Quite a few have had the odd one week ban (more than once in some cases) but it's only a very small number of us distinguished members that have managed a lifetime ban. The rest of you just aren't trying hard enough.......

lol

I've never even managed to get banned once :o(( I'm becoming too much of a goody two shoes in my old age!

I think it's the language barrier, lol

Well wooly you/we (everyone else you know) can always send him a 'personal note' via rrtoadhall@aol.com
He was OK about a decade ago, but in fact seems to have 'lost the plot (entirely)' about 5 years ago..........
For a time his avatar on RRnet was a 'comic nazi'...and this tells you all you need to know !!

Ooooh, not a good idea. He doesn't like people sending him emails to his personal email address (see post 12 here https://rangerovers.pub/topic/189-looks-like-rrtoadhall-doesn-t-like-competition). Although if it is a personal email address why isn't it his name and not his Rangerovers.net username?

But, on the upside, it's encouraging more of the knowledgable users onto here and leaving the rednecks over there.

I don't think you're missing much on that site. We could set up an autoresponder to say "Read Rave" and that would about cover it.
To be fair, there are plenty of helpful Yanks - but they're hidden behind one lunatic.

I got banned from a Subaru forum after helping loads of people with advice, just on one occasion 'telling it how it is' about why some owners converted Subaru's didn't run properly with their BRC Sequent32 systems. Got banned from a Lexus forum for talking knowledgeably about LPG installs because a moderator got 'incentives from Profess Autogas who he reckons are the best installer bar none..when really that's me ;-) lol

I got banned (FOR LIFE NO LESS) because I asked him why he kept telling people to refer to RAVE when posters asked questions. I also pointed out that he may be better off saying nothing than posting answers like that.
He told me that he had gotten numerous complaints about my posts saying I was trolling. Considering that toads live under bridges, I would argue that he is closer to a troll than anyone else. I asked him to show me an example of an email complaining about me and he said it was private information.
Knobhead comes to mind.....

Yes JMCL, that's just Toad's 'standard M/O' for removing members, as he does not actually do 'reasonable' and/or 'logic' of course.
Alternatively he really does get 'complaints'.. from all the multiple personalities in his head ?

"All we want to do is keep our 'trucks' on the Road, Toad !"...... but I really wonder what he/they think RRnet is actually for....?

davew wrote:

but I really wonder what he/they think RRnet is actually for....?

It's his own personal site, he even lists www.rangerovers.net as his website on a few profile sites. I once posted that I had a spare ABS pressure switch in my garage if it would be of any use to someone on there who was having trouble and suspected the switch. That got me a weeks ban because items for sale should be in the For Sale forum yet he's done exactly the same thing here http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/7-range-rover-mark-ii-p38/310897-source-overhauled-valve-blocks.html, but as it's his site he can.

OldShep56 wrote:

I've never even managed to get banned once :o(( I'm becoming too much of a goody two shoes in my old age!

No ban for me either, I just prefer it here. I don't think I've put any posts over there since being invited here.

Just by reading and chatting, I have learnt loads from here, Rutland even if I don't have a P38 anymore. I never learnt ONE thing over there.