rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi all.
A bit of help please. My radio DSP system is making a lot of crackling and popping noise both on the radio or CD setting. Sometimes it's worse than others and sometimes it's fine with no unwanted popping. I did check the connectors last year for corrosion including the ones in the footwell and they were all clean I still pulled them and gave them a spray of contact cleaner. I also pulled the DSP amp and checked that and all looked ok. I was wondering if this could be a sign of the head unit starting to fail. I don't really want to buy another on the off chance that it could be this. I know I could fit an aftermarket unit but to be honest I prefer to keep it original if possible. Any advice gratefully received.
Cheers.
Rob.

I don't think there's any good news if it's the DSP system. You can't even replace it with an aftermarket head unit very easily. MartyUK is looking at a DSP replacement kit but I don't know if he has done many/any for sale yet.

The DSP replacement isn't too difficult - I did it based on Marty's ideas at the beginning of the year.

Where does the popping sound come from? I still have a popping sound at times even though I don't have a DSP or the stock head unit anymore.

My subwoofer cones are no longer attached to the rest of the subwoofer. The rubber suspension has fallen apart and when the amp fires the sub they pop and crackle. Might be worth checking if the noise at the back of your car.