rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I have a had a look through RAVE and the owners handbook and can't find anything that shows where a headlamp deflector should go or if there is a switch or lever to be moved? Can anyone assist. (This time I am driving through the night so not bothering is not an option).

I do more miles on the wrong side of the road than over here so I leave my lights permanently masked. The deflectors are OK but rip the headlamp wiper blades to shreds and, as you will be driving though the night and using the windscreen washers to clear the dead bugs, you'll be using them. Initially I used tape but again that doesn't do the wipers a lot of good and ultimately the wipers pull the tape off, so I now just use paint. Even then, the wiper eventually removes the paint from the LH light. Masks as below will give you a horizontal cut off on the lights which I don't find to be a problem over here as they are pretty good anyway.

RH headlight

enter image description here

LH headlight (which needs doing again in the next couple of weeks before I'm on the wrong side of the Channel again)

enter image description here

Is there a fuse that I could pull to stop the headlamp washers? I could put sticky ones on for the overseas trips and then just not wash the headlamps?

Fuse 38 supplies the headlamp wash/wipe but also feeds the alarm sounder. Relay 11 switches the headlamp wash/wipe on so pulling that should stop them. Sticky things go in the same place as the masks I use but best to try them against a garage door to make sure they are doing their job before sticking them on permanently. Although a bit of black tape is cheaper.......

Thanks, It will be black tape, can't see the point in something that you have a pay for like this. Unless can find stupid cheap on amazon I guess.

Thanks.

If you look at the lenses you can see the moulded triangle that you need to mask off. Not only does black tape work well but it also is very visible so reduces the chances of getting pulled and checked. Where are you going? If driving through Paris, Lyon or Grenoble, you'll need your emissions vignette too. On your list of needs you've got front shock. I've got a pair of used but good front Boge original shocks if they are of any use to you.

They are ok, but when hitting a bump it feels as if the front wheels not staying on the ground like they are bumping up and down. Its not severe enough for me to jump on but the whole front end suspension is an overhaul job for piece of mind.

Going over Dover-Calais, then straight to Belgium either via Mons or Brussels on Spa Francorchamps, then in June, Portsmouth-Caen, the on to Le Mans and Saumur for a few weeks.

You won't need the vignette then. I'm in Belgium middle of next month (Saint-Hubert, almost into Luxembourg) and then a round trip to the south of France, western France then back at the end of the month. If you are running LPG, it's stupidly cheap in Belgium!

Gilbertd wrote:

If you are running LPG, it's stupidly cheap in Belgium!

Nope :-( and I am doing about 2000-3000 miles a month at the moment!!!

Holy carp - you need to get that sorted out! It'll pay for itself in 3-4 months.

I am thinking about LPG but could do with a hand fitting it.

How much to fit it? I can help, but worried a little bit as it my only car and I need it for work.

Have a word with Simon. He may be quite a distance from you but if you dive in and do the donkey work, it'll get done quicker. Alternatively, you could install the tank and even pull the inlet manifold and drill and tap for the nozzles. Once tapped stick an M6 bolt in each hole so it'll still run on petrol but is ready for the bolts to be removed and the nozzles fitted.

I based the 3-4 months above on the price I paid Simon for a full install with a 4 hole tank. Ask him how many p38s he has done 😁