rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I'd been waffling on to myself about buying a RR V8 for what must be the last ten or so years, with my main aim to have an LPG jobbie.
Took the plunge a few weeks ago and managed to find a (up to now) good non LPG P38 (2001) with excellent maintenance history, just a few minor niggles, a la saggy liner at rear, and grumbling front windows.
Well pleased to get 21 mpg around here (Nth Wales), luckily clearish roads and very little stop start.
She's off to have an LPG ectomy in a short while, that's another item off my bucket list.
LPG @ 55 litre in Anglesey and 65p in Bangor - so will go the extra few miles to Anglesey when possible.........penny pinching or what ?
Great forum by the way - no doubt I'll be asking for advice somewhere along the calendar.

Welcome Hugh, and a good call on the LPG conversion. When it only costs £35 to fill the tank, you'll find you don't think twice about using it as often as you can. You're about 10 months late or you could have joined in the Summer Camp headlining replacement production line but it's simple enough as long as there is a couple of you.

Welcome,, hardly pennie pinching when you save £9-10 on a fill, I sometime wait till I hit London to fill up, as only one here is by M11, so you get caned.
My lining decided to give up over the cold weather, so I’m in the same boat as you, I’m going to make a frame out of 2x1 and staple stretched fabric over, as I’ll be doing mine alone, other half is here, but why risk a row, kids !, what chance have I got of them getting out there pit, lol

Welcome to the madness :)
And yes, I'm sure you'll be posting soon! There are no stupid questions, especially compared to some of mine....
Good luck!

Welcome and good luck

Pity I've missed the headling queue.
For the time being I'll use some damn good magnets over not very wide strips of flat clear plastic, or something along those lines.
Certainly won't be Chesterfield Sofa effect as per forum pic

Welcome Hugh.
Same boat here with the headlining. I hope to sort mine out soon.
Rob.

Would be handy to know if there are any cancellations for the headliner works and maybe the forum moderator could allocate to those souls needing a repair - first up best dressed style.
So, being cheeky I'll put my name forward - worth a try innit ?

Welcome!

My headlining will also need doing at some point. It's fine as it is at the moment, it's only just starting to go in a couple of places.

We've already done the headliners. We had a little production line going over a couple days. I did some sticking down but was mainly the guy cutting the excess from round the boards 😁

Disassembly, scraping, stick and trim, installation, reassembly 😁

We were at for for most of 2 days. A couple of guys taking the headlining shells out, my other half cleaning the remains of headliner, foam and glue off them, a couple more sticking the new material on and Morat trimming the excess off the edges before passing them back to the removal/refitting crew.

I doubt magnets will work to hold it up as there's probably at least an inch gap between the headlining shell and the actual roof. When my mate in France bought his P38 his wife thought it had ants crawling over the inside of the roof until she realised that it was hundreds of rusty staples holding the material up. The headlining shell is thin fibreglass with foam backed material glued to it. The foam starts to degrade with age so there is nothing between the glue and the material. Martrim (http://www.martrim.co.uk/car-trimming-supplies/range-rover-headlining-kits.php) do a kit of the material and glue to do it yourself. For the Summer Camp we just bought 8 or 9 kits.

Do you have a sunroof? That adds to the fun...

Yes, have a sunroof.
The liner is not yet like a pair of demented curtains and the issue is at the rear.
Will have a go with some mag-mounts from mobile HF antenna if things get too droopy.

Staples. They hold for a couple of months and at a distance of 10 cm it gives a chesterfield look.

Gilbertd wrote:

(http://www.martrim.co.uk/car-trimming-supplies/range-rover-headlining-kits.php)

Oooh...they do suede kits. A suede headlining sounds nice and fancy, befitting of a Range Rover

All bar one of the ones we did at Summer Camp were Oatmeal which is a perfect match for the Lightstone interior but Marty put the black suede in his. If you ask nicely, he might even post a picture of it.

I pinned mine up with upholstery or "piggie" pins. It's a wee bit Chesterfield sofa looking, but it's better than driving a bloody Bedouin tent!