rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Well, technicall my wife was driving....

Turns out that the slightly vague front end and possibly the ABS/Traction faults were down to a knackered front left wheel bearing. I've never heard of a wheel bearing collapsing before, they've always given plenty of moans and grinding noises before they got that terminal but this one collapsed to the extent that it took out the brake disk and left the steering all cockeyed!

Garage has recommended a new hub. Are there any OEM equivalents around (or OEM) that you guys would recommend? I had a look at Island 4x4 and they want £175 for an "OEM QUALITY" HERE I'm happy with the price, if the quality is good.

Do you guys have any recommendations?
thank you!!
Miles

If it's OEM it should be OK. It means that it was made by the original equipment supplier but has got to the retail market via a different route than through Land Rover. It's when they say replacement part or aftermarket you need to worry.

Yes, it's much easier to just swap a hub, getting an old bearing off needs lots of brute force and a 50 tonne press in most cases.

OEM version ordered from the link. That makes the EBC disks and Greenstuff pads free if your man maths is as ridiculous as mine :)