rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

First of all Sorry for the landslide of threads i'm creating lol.

Anyway.

I've been looking through google and it seems RR P38 could be had with some lavish OEM options.

I:E The extra wood i've been really lusting after.

enter image description here

Another few things upgrades are the exterior bits

The Front nudge car and light guards i rather like, also the side steps in my opinion look rather smart.

What do you think?

Are there any other OEM upgrades/addons i should consider?

I've been toying with the idea of colour coding the Front Grille.

my Vogue would look like the link below.

whatya fink?

Extra wood I like as long as it's the proper stuff not the transfer dipped stuff on eBay. I have had P38s with side steps and personally I wouldn't fit them again. I found them to be a bit of a pain in the arse. The wife liked them though. Bull bar hmm again not for me and I'm not sure of the legality of fitting one. Colour coded grill definitely. There you go my thoughts on this.
Rob.

I would hate to clear all the flies from behind the bull bar and you can’t legally buy them new anymore.

Wood trim yes!!

You can still get bull bars, but there plastic, a bit like a chocolate fire guard, not much use !

Personally I don't like the bull bar or side steps, in fact, I don't even like the light guards that many people fit. It just looks right without any stuck on extras. Colour coded grille depends on the colour of the car, suits some colours but not others. As for the wood, well that's more personal, you're the one that has to look at it. But I'm probably considered strange anyway, I like the look of the leather interior but it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer, I actually prefer my plod spec cloth seats for comfort and wouldn't even consider swapping them for leather.

I think the P38 looks a bit baked without anything extra
Mine can with the A bar, light guards and side steps already on it. I think they make it look a bit more like the rugged offroader that it can be, rather than just a pavement princess (how many L322's do you see with any of the option extras?!?)

Being short I find the side steps useful, have almost come to rely on them, and always find ones without them a lot higher to get into!

I managed to snag some Piano Black wood for my interior trim, and between that and the Oxford leather seats (yes, they are comfier!) With uprated seat heaters, the interior is a nice place to be!

I was worried that changing the carpet for black and doing the headlining in black would make the interior too dark, but the contrast with the lightstone leather is nice. I haven't found these seats too bad in summer, but working air conditioning for a change also helps!!

Hopefully will get my factory winch tray fitted this year... Especially as I managed to snap up a factory winch tray cover...

I'm pretty sure we nearly bought that blue one, but ended up with the red one they were selling at the same time (which, it turns out has a top hatted engine, bonus).

I like the look of the bull bars - I have a full one but it needs some repair, and getting around to it is taking longer than I'd like...

Thanks for the responses guy's..

Appreciated..

Mine can with the A bar, light guards and side steps already on it. I think they make it look a bit more like the rugged offroader that it can be, rather than just a pavement princess

Some dents and bush pinstripes will do that just as well, without adding extra weight :-D

Bull bar and light guards? Not for me and I'll just settle for a normal crackless interior for now. I reckon colour coding on darker ones might be okay.

As to sidesteps, they'd go as well, due to me and the dogs not using them, but as my family are all tiny Filipinas, that could cause an outcry. Although the upside would be peace, perfect peace!

gordonjcp wrote:

Mine can with the A bar, light guards and side steps already on it. I think they make it look a bit more like the rugged offroader that it can be, rather than just a pavement princess

Some dents and bush pinstripes will do that just as well, without adding extra weight :-D

I've got those too!

Having started with a Willys jeep and love of cross country when 17 and later two 'classics' I would never fit side steps to my P38. Bull bars might be of use in Spain but again I would not clutter up a P38 with these, It all looks very smart I admit but is definitely on the chelsea tractor side of the fence. Here in Spain in the mountains it is nigh on impossible to keep the fairly modest exterior attachments like mud flaps etc in place and if you use a P38 in its off road mode they are all a liability. I think the P38 is the last real recognizable Range Rover and if you look in the showrooms some of the modern ones with a 'Range Rover' plaque on don't even have 4 wheel drive. Not much 'Ranging' going on there. What is the world coming to ??

My first Range Rover - in the days when I was 'on top of things' - enter image description here

Up in the Mountains in Spain with my 'Classic' - even the mud flaps are short lived.... enter image description here

super4 wrote:

if you look in the showrooms some of the modern ones with a 'Range Rover' plaque on don't even have 4 wheel drive. Not much 'Ranging' going on there. What is the world coming to ??

I got a little confused for a moment, nearly replied saying that as far as I knew all the Range Rovers still had four wheel drive.

Then I remembered the little Freelanders in pretty dresses that have a two wheel drive option :(

I'm a bit out of touch with the latest LR/ Range stuff which is why I was a bit lost in the showroom but the models I'm thinking of were around 55,000 euros - is that a price for a Freelander ? (that was the cheapest model in there) Now I remember that whilst waiting there for my P38 to be looked at I filmed the showroom and the cars so if I can find it I'll put it on Youtube and you can see what I'm speaking of !

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/range-rover-evoque/18654/range-rover-evoque-2wd

Range Rover Evoque 2WD 😱

super4 wrote:

I'm a bit out of touch with the latest LR/ Range stuff which is why I was a bit lost in the showroom but the models I'm thinking of were around 55,000 euros - is that a price for a Freelander ? (that was the cheapest model in there) Now I remember that whilst waiting there for my P38 to be looked at I filmed the showroom and the cars so if I can find it I'll put it on Youtube and you can see what I'm speaking of !

They don't make the Freelander anymore. They replaced it with something called the Discovery Sport. Same rough size but a new name.

There's also the Range Rover Evoque which is the same rough size too.

Given the time the Evoque came out I believe it is based on the last Freelander.

The Discovery Sport seems to then be based on the Evoque (making them both very heavily facelifted Freelanders IMO).

Both are available with 2WD.

Yes - you are both right - here is the film I took last September in the Malaga showrooms https://youtu.be/5uKQtjYtJoE and in the quick shot of the Vehicle details it shows the Evoque 4x2 !!! Yes 4x2 !! 48 k euros. But, all these cars have Range Rover written on them !!! I thought a Range Rover was a Range Rover - a real Range Rover - with four wheel drive. I wouldn't buy one even if I had the money.

Evoque, yuk ! The convertible is worse, it’s a girls car for sure, mrs beckham did a good job, cos there so popular, would I ever own one, no..
I think they’ve got front even putting Range Rover on it.