rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

So I finally did it, after having my tick over go from 650 to 2500 I decided I need to invest in a nanocom evo,
Thought I’d have a look on eBay first, and grabbed one for £350, looks like new, in a posh bag, will most probably totally feck the car up once I start playing, lol 😂
I most probably will need some help once I start playing around, I’m ordering software for mine, as this has dse software ( might be helpful to help people )
I’m pretty sure the tickover problem is tps related, gotta dig out the spare one I have..

Until you get the update for your Motronic you won't be able to sort out the idle but everything else works so you can have a play with the other systems. Just don't go changing anything in the BeCM.......

Although with your current record with computers I can foresee lots of questions coming up......

Chris - as you know I'm no expert but when I messed up my tickover with the wrong TPS I had no diagnostics and putting the old correct TPS back on made no difference. With Gilberts advice I elongated the TPS holes and brought the idle down. But you can try this without elongation - just undo screws and you can rotate TPS while running to test. As you know, I got the RSW EAS 4 and by simply resetting the adaptives the idle came right with TPS in normal position.

Richard, Thanks for the vote of confidence , lmao, you know I’ll be playing straight away, but I won’t go crazy, I need to suss out how it works, and what does what.
I use different diagnostics quite often.
Kid with a new toy, comes to mind.
Super, the tickover just went crazy yesterday, I carry a lot of spare parts, so easier to change and see what happens, it must of gone haywire..
Gonna pop out when it’s cooler and have a play, the tickover increase points to an air leak, out comes the brake cleaner spray, lol

So I went out to sort out my erratic tick over, started her up, ticked over normal, came off choke, all good.
So I’m now thinking this thing is playing with me, gave a rev, normal, gave another rev and 2500rpm again, out comes the brake cleaner, sprayed and nothing changed, so off comes the tps, changed it over, still the same, a cup of tea later I’m looking at the throttle body, eureka ! There’s my problem, the way my non functioning lpg system is piped, the bloody gas hose to one set of injectors goes round and under the cable part of throttle body and had snagged on the throttle.
That’s gonna be rerouted for sure, then postie turns up with my nanocom, I’ve had a play with the functions I could use, gonna register and get playing properly in the next day or so, no rush now it’s drivable again 😁
I wouldn’t have bought if not for the erratic tickover, but it’s about time I got one anyway..

You'll be thankful you bought it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow - but soon ;)

Morat wrote:

You'll be thankful you bought it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow - but soon ;)

He speaks the truth!

By the way, there's an update available. not sure of v number. but if you find that the kernel button doesn't work, like mine didn't when hooked to the laptop, then follow the instructions to remove one of the end plates and pull out the jumper. The update is then done, and you stick the jumper back in.

They obviously realised there's an issue, hence the instructions. No.8 torx and small needle nose pliers are all you need.

Oh, and it gives the option of 180 degrees screen rotation as well.

Has anyone found a cover for there nanocom, I’m worried about if I drop it as with the arthritis I can’t always guarantee what my hands will do !
I’ve seen a Sat Nav cover for motorcycles which I might be able to adapt, but would prefer a silicon cover if possible as one of them has saved my phone untold times.

There should be a metal clip on cover that comes with it (though i'd say putting that cover on is the thing thats most likely to cause you to drop it as its quite tight). Are you looking for something to store it in, or something to use it with a cover on it?

BrianH wrote:

There should be a metal clip on cover that comes with it

Huh? Not with mine and mine came direct from BBS. You'd need something that doesn't cover the screen as it isn't like some things (phones, tablest, etc) that you use your fingertip on, it needs a good poke with a fingernail.

Think the protective metal cover came with later versions. Got one with mine.

Trick to getting it off and back on is to make sure its dead central over the screen. Its sensibly loose then and comes off easily. Side plates stick up a smidgin above the main case to stop the cover sliding off. But you can get the cover on or off when its overlapping the sides if you push or pull really hard. Would have been better if the sides were a touch higher so the cover has to go centrally between them rather than it being possible to get it on with an overlap. No issues when you know. Took me about 4 tries before the penny dropped.

Found a Sat Nav case in Halfords just big enough to hold Nano and leads. Mine lives in the top drawer of my Snap On midsection.

Clive

Mine is aluminium by the looks of it, can’t see any clip fixing, I’m more concerned about protecting it as sometimes my hands don’t do what I’m telling them, it’s rarely, but I don’t want to stuff it up, I’ll order the cover I’ve seen, I did look in halfrauds, but cases were to small, or too big, I’ll post when I’ve got the cover, it’s in a little black bag with the leads ect, don’t know if that’s part of the set up, but it’s safe for now,,

Gilbertd wrote:

BrianH wrote:

There should be a metal clip on cover that comes with it

Huh? Not with mine and mine came direct from BBS. You'd need something that doesn't cover the screen as it isn't like some things (phones, tablest, etc) that you use your fingertip on, it needs a good poke with a fingernail.

Like this

You wouldn't be able to use it with it on though, only for carrying purposes. Not sure if the original units came with it, but the Evo (or at least mine) did. It will go on the back of the unit for storage when your using it, just clips on same as the front.

I did remember seeing a holder for it (windscreen holder) but I either imagined it, or they have removed them from their webshop as they aren't there now.

My cover is exactly the same as Brians'. I bought the screen holder too. Its an FLY branded universal holder modified by replacing the multi adjustable cradle with a replica of the metal clip over cover. So it sits in quite securely with the screen fully visible. Cant see any great issues in engineering something equivalent although probably need thumb screw location rather than the spiffy clip on cover modification.

Clive

I feel cheated, although I did get mine in 2015 when the Euro to Pound exchange rate was far better than it is now so only paid £305 for it. Why do you keep yours in your toolbox Clive? Surely you want it in the car in case you park somewhere and find you need to enter the EKA if nothing else.

I want a fancy cover!

Perhaps it's a recent thing. Like Gilbertd I got mine a couple of years ago.

Yeah, mine cost somewhat more in April 2017 - £356.02 all in with the power supply (though thats the Disco 2 version as you might notice by the lead). Though the same one now is £390.39 (incl. VAT) so it could be worse!

As Clive says there is a trick in getting it to go on easily, though it would probably survive better than most phones manage to (having said that, the amount of scratches, dents and scrape marks over my 2 year old phone suggest its been though the wars and managed to survive so far)