rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse.

This P38 is testing my sense of humour... I think since owning this I have averaged about 48 hours of worry free motoring before the next major system failure - today EAS..

I was just playing with the nanocom this morning in EAS resetting ride heights as it was a few cm higher on the right than on the left, on level ground. So obv the EAS was having to work a bit harder than usual, and it was hot... I got the settings I wanted, but now I have ended up on bump stops, and can't get to any other ride height. The Compressor works still, and the whole system was working fine before. No discernible leaks. So either something simply failed, or I was wondering if the Nano has some functionality that cd have disabled EAS ( as a result of me messing around). I'm looking for the quick win before I have to go through things methodically - seems like something gave out on me - any quick things I should try before I have to start pulling EAS apart?

Is it showing all 4 lights on the height display? That signifies a fault condition. On the Nano, go to Faults, read the faults, clear the faults and then exit out of it. You should get 3 beeps from the dash and the 35 mph message then it will clear and all burst into life.

If only it were that easy... but no, no faults...for good measure I did hit Clear Faults a few times regardless, but nothing. I also pressed the up/down selector on the dashboard a few times and at certain points it seemed to move a bit,and at one point came up v slowly to standard height. But the default setting is access light lit, standard light flashing. Is this sounding like a compressor rebuild?

Ok - I think the primary reason is operator impatience... after watching an RSW vid it was suggested that you let the car run with a door open so that the EAS pump could spend all its time filling the tank...I let the pump run for 10 mins, it then cut itself off, I closed the door and it immediately climbed to standard height. Possibly the compressor needs a helping hand in future and so I'll rebuild the pump anyway at some point. Back to the air con again now !!

If the tank is empty and it's otherwise happy just waiting for pressure, the desired height led will be flashing, and current height will be solid. If pressure doesnt appear in X minutes, you'll get a fault code.

If mines been sat for a few weeks the tank gets empty and it can take a few minutes of driving before it actually gets to ride height.

Stripped the compressor yesterday - the piston seal was starting to deteriorate, sorted now. BTW, through necessity I had to replace the seal without removing the piston from the motor housing (basically because the internal grub screw was not giving a mm, and threatened to strip). In many ways it's easier than removing the assembly to do it, and I used a wood chisel to pry off the brass collar, rather than a screwdriver - since it gets into the groove left by the old seal much better. You still need to remove the end cover from the motor though, to stop the piston flopping around while you're working on it, I just jammed a piece of wood in there to stop the rotation and brace the bottom of the piston against the housing. I'm an EAS virgin no longer

Just deleted your post that you asked to be deleted only to find the main screen showed no posts in Oily Bits. So I'm posting here to let you know I've done it and remove the No Posts message......

Just posting to say that I didn't see the post either.

Congrats on fixing your compressor though. My RR looks like a Basset Hound bitch taking a piss. There's not a huge angle, but enough to let you know that something is going on.

Is it about to take a piss... of coolant or something Miles ? ;-)

heh it's not losing any fluids right now (beyond the usual requirement to top up the oil). I think there's a leak in the back of the EAS somewhere.