rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I've seen a few "what have you done" threads on some other Forums, so i thought i'd start one on here.

Today and tbh since last week i've seen trying to deal with the water ingress.

And have been playing round with the interior and in particular the leather seats, trying to get them clean..

enter image description here

when i picked it up... ^^^b

After 3 years and alot of scrubbing!

'tis getting better!

And all back together, Beige carpet wouldn't of been my first choice if i had spec'd it!! ;)

Carpet is alot less Yellow!!

But it is ridiculously easy to get dirty again..

I don't think the PO had ever heard of mats LOL

H

Absolutely nothing. She's sitting out there sulking on her bumpstops while I drive the Jeep instead. Unless we get a magical amount of sunshine between now and Christmas that's how she'll stay for another two weeks. I'm not changing the plugs and wires in the dark and I'm not driving her down a pot with a mix on full lean.
Bastard thing.

What have I done to it today? Driven it, much the same as most other days. Although it has developed a machine gun inside the drivers door when I close the window. When I first got it almost 10 years ago, it was doing it then. Rather than spend money I built up the worn teeth with weld and ground them back down to the right shape. A repair that I expected to last a few weeks that lasted almost 10 years is pretty good in my book. This time, I've bought a new window regulator, a Britpart one as it was in stock and has a 2 year warranty. Lets see if that lasts as long as my repair on the old one did. Fitting it should give me something to do next week......

Are we going to have a new one of these each day? I'm gonna go visit a condemned P38 tomorrow and pull some bits off.

We could treat Today like a French tradesman treats Tomorrow. As in, I'll be there Tomorrow but by the time Tomorrow arrives, it's now Today so I'll be there Tomorrow......

Hmmmm .... today ..... new injectors, new coil, new spark plugs, new O2 sensors, new rear shocks, oil change, wheels off, greased the centers and the wheel nut threads, re-set the adaptive values, short run to confirm all is well. Two people, 10 hours with plenty of grog and food during the day.

Hmm, something tells me it isn't cold, windy and raining on the other side of the world.......

you guessed right , its sunny a little windy today , also a little smokey in NSW QLD but nice in Tassie
haven't done anything to rover of late , being a good girl . might give her a wash.

Weather was dry enough to take my daughter to school in the LINLEY with a bit of Lloyd Cole Greatest Hits on the CD and the voiceover of the JAMES navigation system with its British accent as company. 17 degrees F and she started first turn of key. Bags kept her sitting proud for 2 hours as I had breakfast in diner with misses.
She back in garage again under the car cover..
(the LINLEY that is, not the wife).

good choice.

Swapped the plug in no4 from a "big hex" Champion something to a "small hex" NGK platinum job. When I popped the lead off it was all powdery and crap, no wonder the spark was poor. I looked at swapping just the No4 wire but it seems to be at the bottom of the coil pack and I couldn't get my hand to it without removing all the others first so I called "Christmas Eve" and just cleaned up the existing wire with a shot of Carb Cleaner.
I've since found my contact cleaner so that's in the boot along with the other 7 plugs and the new set of wires in case we have a problem.
Put about 30 miles on it since clearing the codes and all has been fine.
Back in business - but I'll need to get the wires changed over. Marty reckons he did it last time we met up but I have absolutely no recollection. I've certainly never bought Champion plugs so I'm confused. The leads say 2015 on them, so Marty is probably right :)

The poor Duchess is now running on 5 old Champions, 2 BPR6 and only one correct NGK. This will be remedied.

Morat wrote:

The poor Duchess is now running on 5 old Champions, 2 BPR6 and only one correct NGK. This will be remedied.

But at least she's running.....

interesting, there's nearly an experiment there - if it were 4 on one side and 4 on t'other then we cd see what happened to the fuel trims and work out which plugs were "better"

Re-re-sealed my blower housings and pollen filter covers etc. The morons that did the windscreen (twice) broke some of the clips above the metal plate and replaced them with generic round items that were letting water straight down onto the filters. Hopefully I've sorted it... had to cut the foam out from under the passenger side carpet to dry it out fully. All back in now.

Filters themselves quite clean, but I had no replacements to hand... so into the oven they went.

Replaced the rear shocks for some lower mileage used ones Martin had kicking about. The rear passenger side was crashing down. I forgot to take a pic but the shock itself hadn't leaked and was damping as I'd expect, but the shaft of the bottom mount was badly rusted through, and the rubber bushes were badly worn. I think the shaft was moving and hitting the mount before the shock did its thing etc. We'll see next time it goes down a rutted track!

And to top off the rain related leaks (for now)... I found my BMW has this neat water cooled battery tray. Nothing a few bungs knocked out couldn't fix.

Took the beast for a drive

(https://imgur.com/gallery/zcMUmVp)

"Quite clean" filters? Lol

Cute Boxer :)

@Morat.... cheers.
He’d be upset to hear you call him a boxer. He’s a Mastiff. Bit like calling a Liverpool fan a Toffee!!!

OK, I'm sure I wouldn't make that mistake in a year's time!

what did i do to my rangy , i drove the legs of it along sandy cape beach , this beach is notorious for claiming 4wds, almost consumed a patrol the day we went down, it took 5 4wds with winches to extract from the sand , he was lucky . being the first vehicle on the beach the next day after a big storm it was nasty. a 10 km beach that took 14 km to get off, locked in low and go go go , had a hell of a day, fun all round.