rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Will do Chris. If "rolling" at 0530 should be here by 1100, but I've heard it all before!

Well, it genuinely has a driver 'cos he's just phoned to say here at 1230. Sounds promising, but it could still fall off the transporter or something...

I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of a Range Rover arriving at the other end of the country.
What is going on?

Good Luck! And we need photos of the grand arrival :)

Will it appear on the back of a trailer/flatbed propped up on bricks with no wheels, interior or glass perhaps...?

Will need pics of its materialisation, of course!

Here!
Started, locks don't work, brakes are poor (discs corroded. HTF did it pass the MOT?)
Now to crawl all over it...

Excellent!

Given it a drink of 20L super and half a bottle of injector cleaner. Now to try a quick run to town and see what happens with temps and things. Try to burn some rust off the brakes...

Hurrah! Time to press all the buttons and see what actually happens....Best of luck :)
I hope those brakes clean up....

Morat wrote:

Hurrah! Time to press all the buttons and see what actually happens....Best of luck :)
I hope those brakes clean up....

OB's probably now sat on the bump stops with the sunroof stuck open, all four windows down, and the heater blowing full cold at his feet...

Sloth wrote:

OB's probably now sat on the bump stops with the sunroof stuck open, all four windows down, and the heater blowing full cold at his feet...

That's cruel, Sloth .......... but funny

at least he'll have the sweet sweet sound of the gold-plated Alpine system to sooth him... or will he? ;)

How did you know Sloth?!
Actually, none of the above so far. Windows and sunroof not set (my first bit of maintenance done!). EAS goes up and down and switches at 55 like it should. HEVAC display's knackered but if you can read the hieroglyphics it's actually airconning and moving the flaps. Radio works fine as does DSP amp. SO many speakers :)
So, first impressions, compared to my HSE:
Brakes- soft pedal, pump cuts in more often, no real bite. Will put new front discs/ Mintex pads on and give a fluid change. Prob have to fit new accumulator but no 3 amigos yet- actually I'll stop saying Yet, just imagine it at the end of every line.
Engine- rough as rats on petrol AND lpg. More low down torque. Who says you can't get a sequential system to backfire if you unexpectedly floor it?! So, in addition to fluids change, new belt, a bloody good clean, lpg filter service I'll treat it to a new set of Magnacores and plugs before delving in with the Nano to see what it's doing.
Box- has all highs and lows in right order. Gearchange lever stiff.
Handling- less tyre noise- Grabber AT's rather than AT2's. Softer more compliant ride generally. it's got Monroe shocks rather than the Koni's I'm used to. Be interesting to see how it handles sharp directional changes at speed, but not just yet!
Lost the V8 burble I get with my SS exhaust, I might get to love it, but probably not.
So, I'll upload some pics in a minute...
EDIT- it's bloody filthy, inside, out and under the bonnet

Pics as requested
enter image description here
Saggy headlining
Boot with another rinky-dink speaker
Parked just outside the workshop!
Front- sad headlight wiper and chafed bumper
Not a leak (don't think). Prob oil that I had to pour into bonnet catches
Bit of a paint rub and some scabs
Icky trim
Icky leather
And, just to prove it existed outside my imagination, the flatbed recovery truck...

First of all, congratulations Mark, finally arrived! What you describe nothing wrong with it, typically a car that has slept over a long time with no maintainance (brakes), you might need a new accumulator apart from the flush. Maybe some rotors when calipers are clean and go in and out.
Rough running can be vacuum leaks (dry O rings of fuelinjectors), gaskets, dirty steppermotor etc. Check all hoses of vacuum and LPG. Give it a general check up. Doesn't sound too bad at all! BTW is that the man to be hit with a baseball bat? :)

You should have got him to tarmac your new driveway while he was there!

Rangey sounds like it's got a lot of potential :) I'm sure a man of your skills will have it purring very soon. Congrats!

Ooooh at last! Looks good!

Does it have an additional speaker in the rear on both sides?

I wonder if that DSP amp is actually different, or whether they tacked the extra speakers on to the standard loom and hoped for the best.

Thanks for the good vibes guys!
Just been going through the receipts etc and the guy who owned it from 2005 to 2013 spent an eye watering £25000 keeping it on the road on top of the £16000 he paid for it. Poor bugger probably thought he was getting a bargain!
One thing that made me sit up was an invoice in 2012, 30000 miles ago, for a coil spring conversion. Had to think to myself, did I actually press the EAS selector and bob it up and down? Yes I did, so they must be clever coil springs. memo to self- take a look under the car soon...
Sloth- yes it has those small speakers both sides in the boot, as well as the one on the dash. The DSP amp is unique to the Vogue SE and Westminster, double checked it on Microcat.
If I can't get a Grom to work, my next trip will be into the loft to dig out the CD collection that hasn't seen the light of day since I digitised it 5 or so years ago.

He's not, Tony- he's just an innocent contract recovery truck driver. I'm in a state of Zen-like peace toward the transport company now. Chris' baseball bat can go back into his sports bag.
Ferryman wrote:

BTW is that the man to be hit with a baseball bat? :)

Baseball bat is very much out, seems the moron who was meant to deliver to me, is none other than the same.. uses lots of different names to get jobs. He got a bit fluttery when I pointed out that his lorry wasn't in Birmingham, but in Devon, and I'm nowhere near as patient as you are, plus I'm just down the road.. his bad back will be the least of his worries, hate lairs !

You never know Chris. This one might turn out flawlessly. I'd keep in his face though...