rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

OK, guess what? It's still in the transport depot in Chelmsford and I've been fed another line of bullshit. Creative bullshit, yes, but total bullshit nonetheless.
Looks like I'm going to have to travel up there, prise my deposit back from them and drive the bloody thing back. Really reluctant to do that 'cos its pretty much been sitting for a year, just voyaging out to pass the MOT. Don't really want to risk wrecking it running 300 miles on old oil, non greased joints, stagnant petrol etc.
Bugger

Change the oil up there.

By the side of the road Gordon?
Relations with the transport company will be broken by the time I have to resort to picking car up myself and I don't anticipate they'll be amenable to me servicing it in their yard.
That is assuming it's not already in a container on its way to Africa and I've been royally scammed :)

gordonjcp wrote:

Change the oil up there.

How much was it costing, OB?

Orangebean wrote:

By the side of the road Gordon?

Yeah, just pull it into a layby somewhere and drop the old stuff out. You'll need to bring some sort of container with you I guess, and buy a gallon of oil while you're up there.

For 300 miles it's unlikely to make much of a difference.

Around £280 Shep

OldShep56 wrote:

How much was it costing, OB?

Drop it in their yard! The lying bastards.
If only you knew a Range Rover enthusiast with a car trailer and towing experience... who could maybe undercut shiply by a couple quid in return for overnight accommodation...

That'll be me then :)
Don't have a capable trailer, so would have to hire one though.
I'm also out of pocket having paid the Shiply fees and deposit to the transport company (they had to collect the car, which they've done)
Only economically viable solution is train up there (half a days travel) and drive it back

Morat wrote:

If only you knew a Range Rover enthusiast with a car trailer and towing experience... who could maybe undercut shiply by a couple quid in return for overnight accommodation...

Chelmsford is only 20 minutes from me, what was the name of these muppets, as I've got one being picked up , is it mot'd ? Otherwise I'd say get it over to me, we can sort out a quick service and mot if needed

Sending a pm Chris...

Morat wrote:

That is why I asked how much it was costing .................. I fill the towing experience bit ....... have all the time in the world on my hands but no trailer. Would do it for petrol cost alone but from here to Chelmsford, down to Devon and then home is gonna be a lot of juice. Last time I towed a two horse box, I was getting around 9-10 mpg.

Thanks for thinking of me Shep. Your petrol costs would probably be even more than mine if I did the tow.

If it wasn't for a couple of minor details like I don't have the P38 as it's in the paintshop and I'm still on this stupid shift system at work (although this is the last week) so can't take any time off, I'd have offered to do it. For me to go from home to Chelmsford, there to South Hams and back home again, Google maps tell me it's 620 miles so that would be 3 tanks of LPG. With a days trailer hire (a day being a full 24 hours so I'm sure I could manage that), I'd be looking at around £170 to do the lot. Just the timing is completely wrong.

Been told mine will be finished Friday which is a good job as I've got a run to France next Friday........

Looks like you're going to win the fastest photo first at this rate though Gilbertd!

I don't know so much. Now you've got Chris on the case, you should get yours before Friday. Then I'll be spending all day Saturday putting the trims, wheelarch liners, lights, door handles, etc back on.

Another fine example of good 'ol customer service going well out the window.

I hope it gets sorted out soon!

It will be, one way or another Marty. Tomorrow will be a watershed day. It'll be moving somewhere for sure!

If only we could all drive down there and surround the place in P38s
I'd be up for it, except I can't see out of the windows in this weather!

Latest news- the transporter is now "rolling" as of 0535. Of course, it was "rolling" last time, when in fact it wasn't, so we'll see.

Rolling where, lol, any probs give me a shout, I've dusted off the baseball bat 😇