rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Saw this during a BBC documentary last night and it got me thinking- are there any notable people who actually own and run P38's, apart from.....
enter image description here
Nile Rodgers- songwriter, musician and producer- one of my heroes

Are you not aware of my work? :)

Morat wrote:

Are you not aware of my work? :)

Only from the cards I've seen in various phone boxes :)

My mate Russell (see https://rangerovers.pub/topic/539-newbie-4-6-hse-on-lpg) is a full time professional musician. Not sure if he qualifies for celebrity status but does spend a lot of his time at Abbey Road studios and did once appear on Coronation Street.......

There is a successful musician who regularly contributes on this forum but it's up to him if he wants to ID himself. Dare say he's been in Abbey Road studio considering the type of music he's into.

Had another guy here with a P38 the other week who''s a bodybuilder and part time actor, currently features in a TV ad, will be in next season's Game Of Thrones and has been in a TV series but I forget which ones he said lol.

My dad was a club turn for 40 years and a theatrical agent later on. In his late teens or early 20s he was lead guitarist in a semi famous band called Tony Sheridan and the Sundowners. When I was a kid Billiy Connoly, Tony Christie, Marty Caine and no doubt some others I've forgotten about visited, Billy Connoly wasn't as famous back then but the others were. Dad used to book Tony Christie and Gary Barlow into clubs, Gary Barlow once slept in my dad's uncle's Hymer Mobil motorhome in the yard where I now convert vehicles to LPG. I recently converted a Nissan Elgrand to LPG for a guy from the South East who was once a roady for Tony Christie - small world.

My grandad played darts with President Rosevelt and Churchill onboard HMS Price Of Wales.

Met loads of famous people when I was DJing but I'm not very good at recognising famous people. Once I was DJing at some type of bash for Channel4 in Liverpool Town Hall and tried to cop off with a bird I didn't recognise as Sonia the 90s singer... turned out she just wanted me to play some of her records lol.

My Scouser mate's dad used to work the clubs like my dad, so when they were working in each other's areas they used to stay at each others houses (same crack as Billy Connolly stopping here). My mate now sells motorhomes, his sister runs another firm hiring out big motorhomes to famous people to stay in when they're touring. Some of those people have squeaky clean images but he reckons it takes ages to get rid of the smell of weed when some of those people have stayed in them.

My daughter is a scout leader and has met Bear Gryls loads of times, I think she mentioned he turned up once 'in a rangerover' but I dunno if it actually was a rangerover and even if it was dunno if it'd be a P38.

Didn't Nigel Mansel used to own a P38 and rolled it on a motorway?

Well, I'm the only White Guy for miles around so get continually stared at and I've a '38 so yes, me! :-)

Billy Connolly used to go climbing with my dad, who taught him how to play a bunch of folk songs on the guitar in the Clachaig in Glencoe ;-)

gordonjcp wrote:

Billy Connolly used to go climbing with my dad, who taught him how to play a bunch of folk songs on the guitar in the Clachaig in Glencoe ;-)

Whisky 'on the rocks'? ;-)

Forgot to mention..

Got back from holiday in Malta the other day. 'Miss European' contenders were staying at the same hotel as us. several from each country. We saw them mostly on an evening all dolled up and posing for country group shots and single shots outside the front door. All week my girlfriend was suggesting we relax around the pool rather than go sightseeing but the one day I agreed to sit beside the pool she suggested we go out and do something else. When we got back that evening we'd missed all the poolside bikini shots...

John Bishop has a black RR. I've seen him in Knutsford. Before I got mine and could knew there were different types of RR hahaha

Apparently Jeremy Clarkson owns a 2002 Vogue SE in Black.

A friend of mine saw it at a dealer down south wearing a set of Hurricane wheels and went in to ask if they'd pass his details onto the owner as he started making a register of late VSE's at one point. He was told they'd pass them on but the owner wouldn't call. When he asked why, the service manager told him it was Clarkson's car.

David.

He'd probably just drop a piano on it or something "whacky"

dhallworth wrote:

Apparently Jeremy Clarkson owns a 2002 Vogue SE in Black.

A friend of mine saw it at a dealer down south wearing a set of Hurricane wheels and went in to ask if they'd pass his details onto the owner as he started making a register of late VSE's at one point. He was told they'd pass them on but the owner wouldn't call. When he asked why, the service manager told him it was Clarkson's car.

David.

Do you mean this one...

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=291415152785&category=29748&pm=1&ds=0&t=1424449697000&ver=0&cspheader=1

Rcutler wrote:

Do you mean this one... http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=291415152785&category=29748&pm=1&ds=0&t=1424449697000&ver=0&cspheader=1

Definitely not that one!
That's an HSE, not Vogue SE, with "1 Lady Owner" which, depending on your view of JC might be right!
I don't think I've ever seen such effusive waffle in a car sales ad though

Nice car but bleurgh!

Even petrol prices are coming down to make an 18mpg 4.6 V8 a more justifiable proposition!

teeheeee....

Just got to hate it when car salesmen try to sound like estate agents.