rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

A Happy Easter to all,
Just found the site during an afternoons googling !!
And it would seem that I am also a disillusioned RR. Net member, my last post was met with, "this is mainly an american site", Hey ho !
Anyway, names Nick, had my 97 4.6 HSE for over ten years now.
Installed a top hat engine and just over two years ago a Bristol Engineering auto box. Also has a Tornado chip with ACT inlet trumpets and an EAS isolation kit .
Love the cars all around ability and the fact it tows our tin tent effortlessly.
Jobs for this year are rebuild of the ABS unit with the stainless washers, all the rear brakes, lines etc and another go at the headlining.
Oh and replace an offside stone cracked headlight.
Nick

Welcome Nick. Which part of the country are you from? Is your chosen forum name a clue?
If you need any advice when you get round to doing your headlight, just ask.
I'm expert at removing them without causing any damage- here's one I repaired that had a small stone chip

enter image description here

Well done OB cracking job there. I know where to send mine if I have problems 😂 Welcome rhyl46

Robbo1 wrote:

Well done OB cracking job there. I know where to send mine if I have problems 😂 Welcome rhyl46

Nothing but kid glove treatment for our rare collectables Rob :)

Welcome, Nick!
Forgive OB - he gets a little enthusiastic sometimes :)

Hello Nick
welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I would love to know OB how you got the old light unit away from the ball and sockets on the mounting ???
Or was it as the picture shows, by the delicate removal of the actual headlight lol.
Yes, guilty of having my location in North Wales.

Welcome Nick, plenty of wd40 , some gentle levering and some good luck should see the light pop out from the ball, really crap design on LRs part.

Welcome to you Nick from far, far away.

Used to run my '38 through Rhyl very often when my folks were still going and lived on Anglesey.

For the modulator washer replacement, have a look here...

https://rangerovers.pub/topic/407-modulator-overhaul

Old...

and new-ish...

Enjoy the site.