rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Some of you will have met him at the summer camp, others will know him from his knowledgable posts on here and on the dark side. I PM'd those that knew him a few weeks ago as he had emailed me to say that he had been diagnosed with Leukaemia, was in hospital on chemotherapy but expected to be up and about in around 10 weeks. I emailed him a few days ago asking how things were going and received the following email a few minutes ago:

Hello Richard

I'm sorry but Mark died today - he contracted a horrid fungal chest infection and spent 12 days sedated in intensive care but his lungs deteriorated over night and they had to take him off the ventilator today. PLease can you let all his landrover friend and P38ers know

He was a huge charcter and will be very much missed.

Vici

RIP mate, you'll be missed.

How very very sad. Will be missed by all I'm sure. I never met him in person but have exchanged a few PMs and he always came across as a great guy. RIP
Rob.

Sorry to see this. I haven’t been long on here but remember him helping me out too. RIP

RIP old chap. I never met him in person either but he was always full of good chat here and on The Other Site.

Please pass my regards on to his family.

Edit: Second most active member on the forum! Poor sod deserves a medal of some sort!

Holy shit,
I was thinking only the other day I hadn’t seen him on here, so tried giving him a call, with no luck.
Let’s hope there’s a vouge se waiting at the gates for him.
will be missed by all that knew him..

RIP Orangebeam

Sad sad news . never met him but his posts were always entertaining. RIP

OB will be missed indeed: His posts were always informative, comprehensive, humorous and warm.......
If possible please send our condolences -and gratitude - to his family.

Really sad news :( Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said - RIP OB.

Ah shit :(

I was also wondering how he was doing - I emailed him after hearing about the cancer, and he seemed in good spirits when I heard back from him. He'll be missed around here for sure. I hope his P38's end up with nice owners who put as much time, effort, care, and attention into them as he did.

If we manage to have a summer camp meet up this year, then we'll definitely have a drink in his honour!

RIP OB

sorry to hear this thoughts and prayers R.I.P

Really sad news. RIP OB.

Just bringing this thread back for people who don’t know the sad news

Very sorry to hear this, our thoughts are with the family.

Sorry to hear this..

RIP OrangeBean

I've just seen this and am truly shocked. We exchanged a lot of messages when I bought my blue VSE as he was restoring a black VSE.

He was a top bloke and was truly enthusiastic about his projects, a tragic loss to the P38 family.

Thoughts are with his family at this horrible time.

David.

Of all the shitty luck.

I'm raising a glass to him as soon as i hit 'Reply" on this.

RIP OB.

This is really terrible news :(
I haven't been on the site recently due to moving house. I was hoping to hear good news about OB as I thought he was a really great guy. Gentle, amusing and kind. I will always wear braces when doing car maintenance, in his honour.

Rest In Peace, Mark.

Sorry to read this, didn't know him but enjoyed his posts.
My condolences to those that knew him,

I've only recently returned to the forum and was sad to hear about Orangebean. He contributed so much to solving my problems and it was so reassuring to know that he was always there - just wish we could really do something about the cancer problem - do have a look at this - wonderful if it could help someone -
Rod Peterson (https://youtu.be/KnEQFno794s)
Chris