rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Diesel gennies in the outback for EVs? lol, that's priceless.
As for the election, well who knows? The Tories are ahead in the polls but they were last time too and it didn't turn out as predicted. The Brexit party have just said they won't fight in Tory held seats, which should prevent the Leave vote being split in those constituencies but doesn't really help in the marginals where the difference will be made either way. Remain are doing something similar, but seeing as the SNP basically have Scotland anyway, and the Lib Dems are the classic third place party we don't know what difference that will make.
All to play for, as they say.

Its really a case of which option do you dislike the least.

Oh dear......

https://co2calculator.wordpress.com/2008/11/26/what%E2%80%99s-the-carbon-footprint-of-a-formula-one-f1-car/

Thus they had better get "planting"......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50382898

Only about 1% is from the cars of course... c.50% for transportation (not including spectators either)

but Lewis Hamilton has been encouraging fans to 'Go Vegan' of course

As for EV options I watched a Formula 'E' Race once though - very similar to giant Scalextric....

I was once in an argument about EVs on Pistonheads forum. One guy on the thread reckoned he was involved with development of EVs in the UK, turned out that his EV works used diesel generators to charge the EVs they were designing/building/testing and bragged about charging his car for free at work.. This guy was called Max, on the the EV thread he also reckoned to have been a member of the development team for Vauxhall factory fitted LPG installs. I reckon this Max was once a customer of mine, I remember fixing a factory fitted LPG system on a Vauxhall for a guy called Max who reckoned to have had a hand in designing Vauxhall factory fit LPG systems (the same factory LPG system as on his car). Got to wonder if he was really the tea boy or at least took a lesser role than he described in both cases, or why couldn't he diagnose and fix stuff he designed (need me to do it for him) lol? I asked him outright a few times if he was once my customer but he always side-stepped the question.. I reckon BS to him having any sort of leading role in development of factory LPG systems or EVs.. I reckon he was there but not in any sort of leading role. On the same thread this guy reckoned to be expert in many fields... chemistry and battery tech (intricacies of lithium ion design), electronics, electricity transmission infrastructure, renewable electricity generation, ice engine fuelling, etc etc. but there seemed to be big holes in his knowledge when questioned. And the irony/hypocrisy of him saying how green EVs were and no problem to charge at home etc while he avoided charging at home and used massive diesel gennies at work, couldn't make it up!

Still can't be arsed with your links Dave, ever care to give us a brief summary of what they contain?

And I really still can't be @rsed to read your rambly even-further-off-topic contributions to your OWN thread/topic Lpgc !

You do know there is sometimes a 'clue' in the links - eg. -"carbon-footprint-of-a-formula-one-f1-car/" right ?

and I have no intention whatsover of providing brief summaries for you to read because you 'can't be @rsed' !

A site really worth monitoring in this particular field is: https://electrek.co/

• and overall is much more efective than me posting similar stuff up (and getting 'nasty' remarks about !) eg:

https://electrek.co/2019/11/16/climate-crisis-weekly-climate-change-venice-jane-fonda-amazon-greta-thunberg/

Following on from EV Supercars (to an extent) form above this was an interesting Headline:

https://fossbytes.com/lotus-evija-electric-supercar-vs-tesla-roadster/

Lotus is taking on Tesla with a car 10 times the price ??

Well Loutis just announced they are only making 130 of these: Talk about "missing the point" ......

Who Knew ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/jeremy-clarkson-climate-change-global-warming-a9216341.html

the cure for climate alarm ism listen to this davew scroll down to sound of music pic

mad-as wrote:

the cure for climate alarm ism listen to this davew scroll down to sound of music pic

Interesting find 'mad-as'; Too bad Tony -the author- uses 'worse science' to debunk what he claims is 'bad science'.... and I gave up when he claimed that the CO2 from folks would dissolve the coral in their aquariums etc.... (Frankly I was also dissapointed Julie Andrews did not sing on it - as I would have preferrred to lsten to that....!! ) Does he have another web-page somewhere where he 'debunks' the Moon Landings too ?

Of course his kind of 'blatant selecticism' works the other way too: In that Lotus link above they indicate "you can charge the batteries in 9 minutes or to 80% in 6": Similarly their "can charge/discharge 1000 times with only a 10% drop in capacity" claim. Of course these cars are over £2m each (and so can use very advanced technologies) but it won't stop some twerp saying something like " 'soon' all battery packs will be able to do this " & etc..... Yes, it will all 'trickle down' (!) to lesser EVs - eventually

ie. It is always dangerous/misleading to use extremes to 'prove' averages - of course... but I don't think Tony and his patrons really care about that !

What do we think to the prospect of the UK going carbon neutral by 2030?
If it's by 2030 that would make us one of the earliest countries to go carbon neutral - What would the effects be on way of life (transport effect is obvious but what about other effects such as on the economy)? What would the effect be on global warming etc (remember this is only the UK going carbon neutral, not the world)?
If consequences to way of life for being 'first to jump' are largely negative for the UK population and if the benefits for world climate are negligible why would we want to be 'first to jump'? Do we think that by being first to jump we'd develop tech which the rest of the world would buy if/when they eventually go carbon neutral?

Well, it's got to happen one way or another. IMO being first just means we're ready first, and possibly more prepared to mitigate the issues that will occur if/when others lag behind. We're not going to be as badly affected as some South Sea Islanders, but we might end up with London being flooded out. Possibly a good thing ;)

Lpgc wrote:

What do we think to the prospect of the UK going carbon neutral by 2030?

Zero Lpgc, that's the point ..... On their own any country can say "we AIM to go Carbon Neutral by 20XX" .... but what does that mean if they just buy all their stuff from other countries instead... ie. other countries who really don't care either way ? All they did was shove the 'Carbon Problem' elsewhere. It's similar to the plan to convert everyne to EVs... but then not build enough Reactors to provide enough of this "C02-free energy"...... !!

Morat wrote:

Well, it's got to happen one way or another. IMO being first just means we're ready first, and possibly more prepared to mitigate the issues that will occur if/when others lag behind. We're not going to be as badly affected as some South Sea Islanders, but we might end up with London being flooded out. Possibly a good thing ;)

You were doing fine there Morat - until you added the 'humorous' bit about folks dying.....

Relax, it's only the internet.

Morat wrote:

Relax, it's only the internet.

Really Morat, "Who knew that (too) !?" .....
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sir-tim-berners-lee-calls-on-governments-and-companies-to-sign-contract-for-the-web-mkmpc3v5w

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH yes. nice one. I can see the clear link :)

The 64-year-old computer scientist will unveil a series of standards in Berlin today over fears of increasing online threats such as electoral interference by foreign powers, hate speech, invasion of privacy and disinformation.

We're safe! It's Davey

Then you will probably enjoy the whole thing then.......

https://9nrane41lq4966uwmljcfggv-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/Contract-for-the-Web-1.pdf

Rumor is that the main 'transgressors' present (eg. FaceBook) responded with "Relax, it's just words...." too !

FFS Dave! Morat's post was obviously intended as humorous and that's how most of us will have received it... If you know (and you do know) it was intended as humorous why not just take it as humorous, no need for pulling people up with pc bs. Crap point and crap unlrelated link, but at least we got another laugh when your post prompted Morat's comeback post.

Davew, I'd better point out now that ;) is a smiley that means "Wink". ie the post is not to be taken too seriously, or literally. Just in case I use it again.