rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Reading all the preparations you all are making for Summercamp makes me feel sorry not to attempt.
I wish you all a good weekend, above all, have fun!

Ferryman wrote:

Reading all the preparations you all are making for Summercamp makes me feel sorry not to attempt.
I wish you all a good weekend, above all, have fun!

Me too, I was saying to Richard when he popped over to my office to look at my HVAC error code that I felt bad for not going so I could give something back after all the advice I get here. I feel like I take more than I give on this forum (due to a relative lack of experience and knowledge on these cars) and I was looking forward to being to help everyone.

Unfortunately, the timing means I can't be away from home but I'm certainly going to attend the next one :P

Even though I'm not there physically, I'll be there in spirit. This weekend I'm swapping suspension air bags and the radiator on my own driveway!

Gilbertd wrote:

Morat, I think know I know what the issue is with the latch - is it saying the door is open when it's not? Can't quite remember... but if that's it, then I can fix that in about 20mins.. it will be down to the the mounting holes drilled for the new switches. I'll whip it out and put an extra pin in, as that will stop and flex in the mounting for the new switches.

Yup, that's it but it's intermittent so the alarm goes off at random moments. If we can investigate, that's fantastic.

Here's a long shot - does anyone have any roof clips for a dog guard? (preferably lightstone). I've got the guard but not the clips. They're not expensive but I've left it too late for delivery before Summer Camp. It's no big deal but it might be neater than putting in a new headlining and then cutting into it.

I'm packed now - just waiting for my wife to come home and take over the child minding :)
I'll be heading down from my mates in Quorn so a couple of hours away in the morning.

My '00 vogue restoration one has clips in it for the dog guard. In fact the headlining card that came out of it has the cutouts in it for the mounts... So if you talk nicely to me, I might let you have them ;) since it makes no odds to me if I end up selling the '00 with them or not.

Latch - I'm 95% certain I know what the problem is, as I fixed one that was doing the same the other day. It's obviously caused by having to put a new set of holes in the casing for the new microswitches, and over time they must elongate a bit with the force of the lever on them. I'll whip the latch out, and a couple of extra bits of threaded rod will have it fixed in no time.

I'm still compiling my list of things to bring, but I am aiming to be up there about 09:30, to start moving the other one outside, and things like that.

Marty

Right, that's my car loaded. As well as a 2 tonne trolley jack and all of the other tools I carry normally (which is basically everything I need to do anything on the car), I've got a roll of Kunifer and a pipe flaring kit, a wirebrush for cleaning headlining shells, a foam roller for rolling the new headlining material down, a decent pair of scissors, a couple of Stanley knives and pack of replacement blades, can of contact cleaner spray, set of trim removal tools, a disposable barbecue in case Miles needs more cooking space, a load of paper plates and some polystyrene coffee cups. Then there's the Nanocom in the car along with an old Panasonic Toughbook with the EASUnlock software on it and a cable to connect (which I actually prefer to use to the Nano for the EAS) and I'll also have this laptop with me with RAVE on it. In the fridge there's burgers and sausages which will be transferred to the fridge in the car tomorrow morning before we set off.

Anything else I need to bung in the boot?

As luck would have it, got a tip-off from a friend about a P38 he saw in his local breakers a couple of weeks ago.

Gave them a call and its still there. Went for a look and have got myself a good serviceable fuse box for £20!

Also picked up all the pillar trims to go with the new head lining.

The vehicle is a late model Vogue SE in red with red carpet and piping on the (electric) seats. Looked in good condition for its age but has already had a few visitors. all the door cards were stacked unceremoniously on the folded rear seats with the wooden trim inserts missing. all the rest of the wood trim from the centre console and dash had also been taken.

The Harmon Kardon system was still present including twin speaker sub and an additional speaker in a box in the middle of the dash top.

It also had the same detachable tow ball fitted as the one Ferryman has just gone to the trouble of sending me from Holland!

If anyone wants anything I won't be able to get it for this weekend due to their opening hrs (they're closed on sundays) but it gives a possible option as a source of spares.

The VSE sounds good. Has it got a boot badge?!
I'm also after rear door cards.
BTW the VSE fuse box won't work in yours unfortunately. You need the AMR6477 specifically for your diesel. The VSE one will be YQE103410

I wish I could find one in a breakers, there's so many seemingly insignificant bits that would be worth having. Door latches, remote receiver, HK DSP amp (if it has one and still works it's worth a bloody fortune) just for starters. That's before you even start with the HEVAC, blend motors, etc. Not sure if the fuse box will be right for yours though. There's 3 different ones fitted to the petrol engined cars and another 2 different ones for the diesel and they are not interchangeable.

Oh nuts!...

Could someone please PM me the address for the workshop? I have PM'd Marty but no response yet. Just in case he doesn't come online tonight if he's busy getting ready for tomorrow.

PM'd

Cheers. :)

Sorry - busy pulling my hair out trying to sort out an ABS issue for someone, who keeps getting faults coming up...

Had fault on his original ECU, bought second hand spare - fine for 6 months, and then same fault... bought repaired one off me - fixes that fault, but then has a different fault staying logged (for him on non-LR diagnostics) so came back, and I've swapped it for another of my repaired ones... seemed ok - and got a call as he was on the way home saying it's now throwing faults...

Said I'd repair his original he gave back on core charge, and there's no problem with it...

The great British weather forecast has changed again. Swindon now showers today and not tomorrow. I'm hauling the event shelter into the car- just in case!
See you all later...

I'm still wearing shorts! I might make them my longer ones though...

As you may have guessed from the fact that I am sat here typing this I am running a bit late. I was up quite late last night doing some work on the company laptop that didn't go as easily as planned so I'll apologise now for my vacant expression when I finally pitch up.

Are we going to get updates from summer camp? Pictures of before and after??

It'll be like the kids have gone away for the weekend if you guys don't post. It'll be too quiet. :-)

Well. It's very quiet here

Good update!

And curious. Pictures of smoke can be two things, engines to be repaired or Marty's Disco working as a BBQ

No photos to show off, I did take a couple but the camera is locked away in the car and this site doesn't support photos so I'd have to find somewhere to host them and it's late and I'm tired and hungry and need a beer but haven't got any.

Lots of mess, lots of spray glue, lots of off-cuts and some nice refinished headlinings. Lots of banter, lots of P38 discussion.

I now have a non-sagging head lining with a very good colour match with my recently acquired later pillar trims.
The sunroof blind needs a bit of attention to get it to move smoothly. This could mean a bit of trimming or it could just be a case of exercising it backwards and forwards to free it up.

Back tomorrow to help with the others, adjust the sunroof mechanism and possibly look at the motor as it currently refuses to set.

For some reason it also now won't lock from the remote?...

Also turns out that I have serious engine issues. Only running on six cylinders, no sparks, down on power, smoking, sounds 'orrible...