rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

The HEVAC is a right PITA - but once the fault is pinpointed, then it's fairly easy to rectify. My guess will be something like blend motors (probably one, but it's worth trying to get spending approval to do all 3 and not then have a second one fail a couple of months down the line!)

Tracking - yes please... I've got MOT booked for Monday morning - so my aim over the weekend will be to sort the tracking, do the headlining and get the modulator replaced, and bled through with new dot4.

I might bung my new AC condenser and dryer in the boot too and if there's time, look at that - as I'll then be able to get the AC gassed and hopefully cold for longer than a couple of weeks.. I know my front bumper will come off OK...

Martyuk wrote:

I might bung my new AC condenser and dryer in the boot too and if there's time, look at that - as I'll then be able to get the AC gassed and hopefully cold for longer than a couple of weeks.. I know my front bumper will come off OK...

Do you have the HNBR o rings Marty? If not I'll throw in my box. Only size I don't have is the 11mm one.

Smiler wrote:

The fuse box was a more recent discovery so nothing ordered.

You've a chance to get one next day if you call LR Direct early this morning
https://www.lrdirect.com/AMR6477-supplied-by-BRITPART-branded-LR.html
It is a genuine LR part, even though supplied by Britpart!
Maybe Island (worth a call)
http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/fuse-25td-9498-genuine-amr3376-amr6406-amr6477-p-4613.html
although they say there's a 2-3 day lead

I have a box of various sized HNBR rings, which I'll put in aswell, fingers crossed there's enough sizes in the to cover it all.

If I'm missing one them I'll order it over the weekend.. it's not crucial, bit something else I'd like off the list..

Oh, and also have a coolant leak (sodding again) to look at on the front of the engine somewhere..

Martyuk wrote:

Oh, and also have a coolant leak (sodding again) to look at on the front of the engine somewhere..

I've got a spare Allmakes water pump (good used) on my emergency spares shelf. Want me to throw it in?

What sort of time are you planning to be at workshop tomorrow? My arrival time there dictates my departure time from here. No point in arriving there and having to sit around watching the grass grow.
BTW need a sunroof type window switch pack. Do you have one made up? Will bring old one.

But tomorrow is Friday? Are you pair having a private session before the rest of us get there?

It's got that bad now that I don't even know what day it is :)
Arrival Saturday- no private sessions...
EDIT- getting all my sh!t together today as I don't do last minute rushes. That way when car throws a last minute hissy fit tomorrow I've got a free day to deal with it!

Water pump... shouldn't be that... if it is, I'll be pissed off as it was a brand new Quinton Hazel one on the new engine back in January - it's only done 3500 miles....

It's more likely to be a leak down the shaft of a bolt on where it bolts into the front cover - I've fixed so many little leaks. Whilst getting the full stainless steel bolt kit for the engine was great, and cheaper than buying all the bolts individually for various things - the spring washers in the kit are utter shite (the place I bought them from have supposedly been selling bolt sets for ages, so I figured would be reputable...

Half the spring washers have just crushed and squashed out on tightening (even before getting to torque value) so I've replaced a bunch of them with just a second flat washer and seems to have fixed a lot of the issues... one of the long bolts of the front cover was weeping before, so removed it, RTV on the thread and ditch the spring washer, and it's been fine. My guess is that the other one, which isn't as easy to get to is now leaking - just need to take the belt, tensioner etc off to be able to get in there and take a proper look...

Swittchpack - yes have a few sunroof versions left - so can put one in for you. Usually £50 on the website, but as I said - 10% off any parts like that for summer camp - so will be £45...

Arrival time on Saturday... not got that far yet - probably between 0900/0930 - so I can open up and move the other RR out of the workshop bay, and do a bit of a tidy up.

If I'm there before other people, then doesn't bother me, as I'll just start stripping the trim out of my one to get the headlining card out!

Get the headlining shells lined up for us then. Dina has been working early shift this week so been having to get up at 04:30 every day and claims she wants a bit of a lie in on Saturday. That means we won't get there until around 11:00 so if there's two or three cleaned up and ready to go, we can get stuck in as soon as we get there.

Orangebean wrote:

Smiler wrote:

The fuse box was a more recent discovery so nothing ordered.

You've a chance to get one next day if you call LR Direct early this morning
https://www.lrdirect.com/AMR6477-supplied-by-BRITPART-branded-LR.html
It is a genuine LR part, even though supplied by Britpart!
Maybe Island (worth a call)
http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/fuse-25td-9498-genuine-amr3376-amr6406-amr6477-p-4613.html
although they say there's a 2-3 day lead

Thanks for that but the piggy bank won't stretch to a new one yet. When I get some downtime I will have a go at repairing the old one as shown on the internet.

I'll call by my parents place tomorrow and raid the garage for anything that might be useful. There's a nice big drip tray in there somewhere if anyone is planning on spilling oil.

Do we need sharp scissors for the headlining?

Smiler wrote:

Do we need sharp scissors for the headlining?

Yes, I'm planning on digging them out this evening, I know I've got a big pair of dressmaking scissors somewhere. But if you bring some along too, many hands make light work and all that. A Stanley knife is also needed for cutting the smaller holes (for the sunvisor mounts and the like) but I've got that and a pack of new blades.

Could we have a final roll call so I can plan the cooking?

Morat
MartyUK
Orangebean
GilbertD
Dinah
Smiler
Sloth
LPGC?

and in other news, I'm hoping to sort the Headlining, Bug Marty about the LH-F door switch and maybe have a look at the burn on my passenger seat but that's only if Orangebean has time because it's hardly a showstopper.
If anyone has time to drive my car over poor surfaces and give a second opinion on the tank slappers, or even help get it up in the air and have a look underneath, I'd be grateful.

Could we have a final roll call so I can plan the cooking?

Oui mon Général...

Happy to help wherever I can. I'm still learning P38's but I'm handy with the spanners.

Morat wrote:

... and maybe have a look at the burn on my passenger seat but that's only if Orangebean has time because it's hardly a showstopper.

I'm bringing the seat stuff, so we'll make the time

Morat wrote:

If anyone has time to drive my car over poor surfaces and give a second opinion on the tank slappers, or even help get it up in the air and have a look underneath, I'd be grateful.

I'm sure we'll all jump at the chance to give the Duchess a damn good thrashing on the lumpy bits, and, as for the opportunity to get her up in the air and have a look underneath, well, there's bound to be a queue :)

We'll be there for the Morat gastronomic treats. We'll also bring some plastic or card plates (depending on what my local Tesco Extra has on the shelf), a couple of disposable barbecues (in case you run out of cooking space) and a few burgers and sausages to add to the feast.

I would think someone will have time to drive your car and there's no shortage of poor surfaces. In fact, there's a distinct lack of decent ones......

Yes, I'll be there obviously... will bring some bits to add to the BBQ

Been up to the workshop today and my dad's given me a hand to remove the other 2 headlining cards, so they are stacked up and ready to be stripped of the old fabric and cleaned up.

Box of adhesive and big roll of fabric is up there and ready to go. I don't have a wire brush for cleaning the foam off, but if someone has one, we can get started on that. Will try and remember to bring the old vacuum cleaner aswell.

Morat, I think know I know what the issue is with the latch - is it saying the door is open when it's not? Can't quite remember... but if that's it, then I can fix that in about 20mins.. it will be down to the the mounting holes drilled for the new switches. I'll whip it out and put an extra pin in, as that will stop and flex in the mounting for the new switches.

I've put a repaired switchpack and LHF moulded connector door latch up at the workshop for OB and smiler if he wants the latch..

Awesome, cheers Marty!

I'll be there :)

Not entirely sure on time but relatively early. Stopping by another owner from a Facebook group who can't get theirs started on the way.