rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Martyuk wrote:

I think the disco is still where we left it last year though...

Can we set fire to it yet?

and if we can't, can I drag it around just for the hell of it?

maybe we could fill it full of charcoal and put a grill over the top.....

Morat wrote:

maybe we could fill it full of charcoal and put a grill over the top.....

Wouldn't it all drop out the bottom of the boot floor?

That's a thought, would it be worth me bringing my mig-welder along? Thinking along the lines of it giving us the option of welding bits of metal onto the rounded off heads of seized bolts should anyone be looking to carry out mechanical work.

Also decided to stay at the Premier Inn, because lazy.

Does anyone have some EAS calibration blocks they could bring along?

Yep!

Oooh if you wouldn't mind that would be great :) Mine often looks like its pissed at motorway height!

They're in the box of stuff that I'm pulling together for the weekend. In the meantime just keep letting air out of the tyres on the high side until it sits level :)
Disclaimer- letting air out of tyres may result in other unwanted side effects such as tyre explosion, delamination, impaired vehicle handling with loss of control and high speed rollover resulting in death or injury to driver, passengers and 3rd parties.
:) :)

I've got half a set. I started cutting up the 30mm nylon rod I bought over a year ago last week but it certainly buggers up Wickes hacksaw blades so have high and standard height blocks but not the smaller ones. If anyone wants to check mine while I'm getting high on headlining glue they are quite welcome though.

Orangebean wrote:

Disclaimer- letting air out of tyres may result in other unwanted side effects such as tyre explosion, delamination, impaired vehicle handling with loss of control and high speed rollover resulting in death or injury to driver, passengers and 3rd parties.
:) :)

At least it saved you the horrible job of taking out the laptop, plugging in the cable and calibrating bags.☺

Getting very close now.

This might be a bit cheeky but the following is a list of all the jobs that My Range Rover requires.

I am not expecting to get them all done over the weekend but if anyone sees anything on there that they can help /advise with it would be very much appreciated.

Ready to work:
• Head Lining
• Sunroof won’t ‘Set’
• Fault Codes – Diagnostics (SRS light needs resetting)
• HEVAC System - Diagnostics (book symbol, want to know the full list of faults with it)
• Air Ducting Leaks (Dash,centre console already partially dismantled)
• EAS - Diagnostics? – Suspect solenoids not sealing shut
• Bonnet cables & release lever
• Front off-side indicator wing repeater
• Gearbox O/Heat temp sensor (front bumper removal)
• Autobox oil service/flush – (have oil, sump gasket and filters)

Parts Required:
• Under Bonnet Fuse Box – Burnt out passenger fan relay mount
• Front passenger door latch (early type)
• Loose drivers glass – front guide rubber liner missing
• Corroded brake pipes (Brake fluid & tool required)
• Headlamp wiper blades

Looking forward to meeting you all in a couple of days.

Smiler.

Looks like a long list but most of it can be sorted over the weekend I would think. Your headlining is already on the list, diagnostics only take a couple of minutes and I'm sure Marty will be able to sort out the setting on the sunroof while the headlining is out.

If you're planning on pulling front bumper, you need to get your favourite penetrant soaking the 2 valance bolts straight away and keep on spraying right up to the weekend. The more you soak, the easier the bolts will come out. Do you have the new sensor?
Bonnet cables (assuming you have new ones) usually easy apart from the gymnastics required to get through bulkhead grommet.
Air ducting leaks- more gymnastics and silver tape
You're cutting it fine to get the fuse box ordered and delivered to you by Friday?!

For the brake pipes I'll bung a roll of Kunifer and pipe flaring tool in the boot.

I'll have a look on the shelf and see if there's an early LHF door latch if you are wanting one... I can fit it whilst we are there...

If I don't have one, then I can always work on one an get it to you at some point..

I agree, the list doesn't look that bad - can probably get through a fair amount of it!

Bonnetcables: can't you connect them head to tail with ductape and pull them through the grommet. Have helper pushing while you pull (or vice versa).

Ferryman wrote:

Bonnetcables: can't you connect them head to tail with ductape and pull them through the grommet. Have helper pushing while you pull (or vice versa

That's the way. The gymnastics are just the standing on your head in the footwell :)

Thanks for the answers folks.

That list is the full list of all the faults I am aware off, not what I'm hoping ti accomplish.

I have all the parts for the first section of the list so yes have sensor and bonnet cables.

At the moment, after the headlining and sunroof, the priority is leaning towards the HEVAC system as the vehicle is rather warm at the moment. But other than reading the codes and taping up some joints I'm not expecting to be in a position to get a great deal done as I suspect that the fault codes will reveal a shopping list.

The fuse box was a more recent discovery so nothing ordered.

Certainly not expecting to get the brake pipe done as that's a big job. Already have the kunifer pipe in the spares box but thanks for the offer.

I have permission to bring the tracking kit along with me for whomever would like to use it.

Cheers.