rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Well, it does have the essential upgrade:
"Upgrade Suspension from Airbags to Springs, using full Britpart kit inc Control Module"

yes i spotted that.

I wonder if the heater matrix was disconnected to ensure the wine in the boot stays chilled!

Nah- more basic than that. Did you spot the staining on the drivers footwell carpet?!

Orangebean wrote:

Nah- more basic than that. Did you spot the staining on the drivers footwell carpet?!

'Heater matrix bypassed'...

yeah saw the mucky carpet but i thought it looked more like muck than leakage. Makes sense though.

That looks more like rusty water has been dribbling out of the O rings to me. Knob is missing from the HEVAC too so basically the climate control doesn't work at all.......

I'm sure Orangebean will get the bible out and tell us the answer.

What's this and why is it horrendously priced?

No mention in the Bible!
No SV plate on slam panel. My guess is it's just a late HSE with a Royal Edition decal applied by LR Japan to speed it out of the dealers.
Nice clean engine, no actual mileage given, no interior shots
Nothing to see here, move along...
:)

My engines almost as clean as that. Reckon i'll get 10k easy. Lol.

Interior shots are further down the ad

£14K because it's "Royal" ?! Do you get a herd of Corgis with it then ?

Maybe it's showing "Omiles" because it was only used in Japan (Xkm) ?

davew wrote:

Maybe it's showing "**O**miles" because it was only used in Japan (**X**km) ?

I'll bet you can't fool the BECM/ Binnacle as easily as just resetting the market in BECM. Everyone would be clocking them if that was the case :)

Orangebean wrote:

I'll bet you can't fool the BECM/ Binnacle as easily as just resetting the market in BECM. Everyone would be clocking them if that was the case :)

I was joking really but it must have some miles/km on it....
If it really has not moved at all in 15 years then it would need a brand new binnacle/ECU instead(?).....

Had a quick gander at the website.

You think that's bad.

How about £5 change out of £ 33,000 for 4.6 Classic LSE. Not even a soft dash! Makes that fake Royal special edition look almost reasonable. Can just see a poor angle view of the cheap engraved /printed label on the dashboard in one shot. Amazing what you can do with double sided sticky foam! Would you drive a car with something like that screaming at the passenger "Dealer took him for a ride!". Um, nope.

Skimming through the years and pictures throws up some very odd juxtapositions with GEMs engines shown for far too modern vehicles.

Realistically £6,000 to 7,000 for 30,000 miles or so vehicles further down is expensive but makes some kind of cack handed sense if you want put 50,000 miles or so on it. Around £3,000 might buy you a good 100,000 mile ish UK one but you will spend the difference on the mid-life improvements program over 50,000 miles so its pretty much a wash.

Mind you if what my mate Paul "I trained as a toolmaker" told me about the Porsche collector / fancier market is true nothing P38 related even makes it onto the cheap end of that scale.

Clive

Blocked radiator? Cheap fix? New one supplied

127,000 miles, 14 previous owners? That's 9,000 miles per owner what does that tell you? What's with the blacked out inner rear lights? Not to mention the black painted L322 wheels, the seat that looks scabby even in a dodgy phone pic and the fact that he coulodn't even be bothered to wash it before taking the pictures so there's cobwebs all over it. Not with somebody else's bargepole......

not sure.

Perhaps the previous owners discovered that despite once been a desirable car that everyone would have liked to own and look classy driving, that it was pretty costly to run on petrol. People buy sometimes buy cars because they've always wanted one or it's the fad of the moment without realising the long term running and maintenance costs. Then they move them on in a relatively short period until eventually finding a worthy owner. MOT history doesn't read like the bible. Usually failing on something simple that was advised the year before.

Dispite initial appearances and attention to detail for sale, i'd surmise that the current owner has had good intentions. Noted by retaining the original wheels for sale, new headlining and air suspension, spending cash on the diagnosis and replacement radiator and forking out for a diagnostic kit which can be seen in the boot. Scabby seat looks like a combination of poor lighting and muck in the cracks. Rest of the interior looks pretty new with the bonus of some nice walnut trim bits which are quite expensive to buy second hand. Private plate would probably be worth something to the right enthusiast given that it says HSE. Body looks good with no apparent rust to bonnet lip or lower tailgate.

Somebody in their 20's has probably owned the car at some point and blacked out the rear lights and window and added the wheels to make it more mysterious and dealer-esque.

Could also just be a pile-o-shite with a cooked engine!

The Vogue SE that I mentioned above pops up on the Bay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-P38-Vogue-SE/272970242083?

Thought you said there was no such thing as a 2002 Autobiography? Looks like it doesn't need much although I'm not sure the blue carpet to match the exterior goes with the green wood. I know it is meant to be like that but it looks like someone with no sense of colour co-ordination has been doing a bit of updating.

Well, you learn something new every day, I guess.
Apart from the SV plate there doesn't appear to be anything on it that differs from standard VSE (4) though, except the wrong wheels (should be Comet), steering wheel (should be dual tone wood/ leather) and maybe the gear lever- although knobs and steering wheels were a bit random by the time the line was closing.
Build sheet doesn't mention the DVD player or tints, so maybe that's where the SV contribution comes in.

Hilarious - "can't see why it would not get an MOT" ? Well that''s OK then, so get one and prove it (?)
Missing on one cylinder - new HT leads not fitted - so just do it (?)
Put the original wheels back on and sell the boy racer ones (?)
Ditto the 'blocked radiator' and so on - surely ?
Seems to be some indication the extras are
only available by negotiaton (?)

Yes, I know we can "lose interest" in projects but this one is as puke-inducing as that green trim....