rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Buy it now is £850 on that Vogue in Northallerton. Apart from the obvious reason he listed, the rest of the car looks good. Great bodywork.

Of course the thing about a P38 is you have the service schedule, the 100,000 mile fixit list, the 150,000 mile fixit list (engine really) and the 200,000 mile fixit list then, basically, repeat. If you are doing the miles fixit on schedules rather than when it needs attention is affordable compared to paying depreciation on an equivalent newer, much lower mileage, vehicle with reasonable prognosis for 100,000 miles without £££ worth of faults.

Deja Vue all over again as I've just suffered three quarters of an hour on the dog'n bone with her ladyship making the right noises over significant L322 TD6 content. "Roo-Roo is expensive to run but I've looked at ............. hate them all" record with stuck needle. I think I've finally got it across to her that now she has spent the big bucks on front suspension she only has to save up for the back end and gearbox for it to be good for another 100,000. Which will be cheaper than depreciation.

Wimmin. Told her to get a P38 and put it on LPG but no "I don't like the P38 and I've researched the TD6. It's ideal for me. Love Roo-Roo to bits.".

Riiight so thirsty, overweight, underpowered with a complex weak suspension, incomprehensible electrics and grenade gearbox is good.

The more I have to do with modern cars the more I realise just how good a P38 fundamentally is.

Clive

£395 and all this needs is heater plugs? Suspicious!

There aren't many P38s you can buy that will guarantee how much money they're going to cost you. Recyclers are paying around £200 by weight for them at the moment, so you can be sure you're only going to lose £195
Buy, drive straight to scrappies, and you've had the joy of owning and driving a P38 diesel for only £195 :)

Orangebean wrote:

the joy of owning and driving a P38 diesel for only £195 :)

"Joy" and "P38 diesel" do not belong in the same sentence. Unless my dictionaries are sadly in error.

Caravan dealer. Hmmn.
Man bought it cheap to do collections'n deliveries. Ran it with no servicing until it dropped. Then abandoned it in the local boozer. No way is it just heater plugs. It will fire up on three good plugs if its much above freezing. Realistically its a £1,500 car even if running perfectly. Back in the day he'd be buying rusty Transits.

My view is that a P38 is gonna eat £4,000 - £5,000 and fair bit of quality garage time over and above normal servicing if you do any half decent miles unless you select and time the purchase very carefully. Are you feeling lucky! So its just a matter of doing enough miles to justify the spend. Still seem to be 100,000 mile (ish) examples in decent nick popping up regularly in the £2,000 - £3,000 range. Which is where I'd be looking.

In round numbers my W plate 4.0 HSE was £3,000 in 2012 with 70,000 miles, about £2,000 in non normal service bits and extra thingies. £2,500 in service and normal running stuff including tax & insurance. Coming up to 90,000 miles now. Probably still get £3,000 back. Call it a grand a year plus fuel to run it. Not too shabby.

Clive

Maybe this will do better than that Noel Edmunds p38. Mind you for £10k, i'd at least want a free pistol in the glove box.

Having got rid of the other half's campervan, she's pining for a suitable replacement.
She flagged this up to me, saying- "You could do that. It is a Range Rover"!

lmfao

Wonder if it originally shipped with a gurney and defib? took you long enough to find that SE badge.

That’s needs more than a defib, what a pile of crap, 5 grand, I’ve scrapped better.

God that looks rough. Chassis may be good but I hate to imagine what the top of the bulkhead and body mounts are like. Although it isn't far from me if you want me to give it the once over. Having owned one, I know exactly where a Classic rusts.......

Funny how he refers to it as "An unmolested example" and that it's "been looked after"

It has more holes than Oscar Pistorius' defence.

Still, at least it's been undersealed. lol

lol@Gilbert. I think you should go view it on everyone's behalf. You've finished the Ascot haven't you?

I was touched by her faith in my ability to be able to restore a shed like that, but wouldn't touch that with someone else's bargepole.
Just looking at the interior pics I could smell/ taste the rot. Still, the paint and underseal are doing a passable job of holding the rust in place, but, slam the door and you're left with 4 wheels and a ple of dust.
Pass!

If you're looking at Classics: Ultimate Weekend Warrior

Now this one actually did get my juices flowing....
enter image description here

But you're hiding it from us!

Well, it's not actually on eBay!
Definitely a "looks too good to be true car" at that price, even though AFAIK they never made a Vogue SE Autobiography.
£300 ish to be trucked down here
Hmmmmm

You buy it and I'll go fetch it and trailer it down to you for £200.......

I'd get there when I say I would too unlike the bunch that delivered your last one. Well, within a couple of hours anyway.

I suspect if you went into a dealers and waved pound notes around you would be able to specify whatever you wanted whether they called it an Autobiography or not.

That's really kind Gilbertd. Cash flow and domestic resistance are working against it at the moment :)

I'm liking the wine drawer in this one. Might fit one in my boot. lol