rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Joined long time ago ... very happy to be here.
My "retro" Classic ...

P38 Classic 1

P38 C 2

P38 C3

I know they were an option but it's the first time I've seen a P38 on the Classic style wheels. Maybe another variant only on EU spec?

They were the standard 16" wheels that came with the P38 in the 90s, if you didn't spec your own.

I think they must have been an option...

These were the standard 16" wheels on the P38 - this was my first one back in NZ, which was a 1995 4.6HSE with 16's on it:

95 HSE

Those are 16" stratos wheels

Nice looking motor

Yeah, she was a trooper alright... did a lot of km's in that RR before I traded it in for the '98 HSE... which had 18" Mondials on it, and was Cobar Blue with lightstone interior:

2nd RR

Cobar Blue.

with 18in Mondials, very smart.

KCR - what green is that? I really like it :)

Looks very similar to my old LSE which was Sherwood green if I remember correctly.

enter image description here

'56 Buick on the trailer? That car is pretty rare over here, it must be one of a kind in the UK!

Nice convoy there!

Marty, very nice color/combination! That blue is super rare, together with the red and gold I think it qualifies as the ones you almost never get to see... all are white black silver beige or the damnable Epson Green (which I love so much could not resist!).

The 3-spoke on KCR's RR would be the "Classic" (duh), used on entry-level models until 1997, after replaced by the "Futura" 3-spoke like the one seen here many times on the "ex-plod" ...
The color is very interesting!

Harv wrote:

'56 Buick on the trailer? That car is pretty rare over here, it must be one of a kind in the UK!

No, close but not quite. It was an Oldsmobile 88, either '54 or '55, I don't remember. That picture was taken in the South of France. We imported it into the UK where it was resprayed (original colour) and registered here, then taken to France to be sold in Mainland Europe. The car was advertised in Europe but was bought by a guy back in the UK (Hayling Island on the south coast) so that picture was taken when I was about to bring it back to deliver it to him. The LSE had been converted to coil springs before I bought it so sagged at the back with a trailer on which is what made me buy a P38 in the first place, I wanted EAS!

Hi, thx for the friendly feedbacks. The color is woodcote green, LR paintcode 623 with a TAN interior / Code G. There were 50th Land Rover anniversary editions in some markets with this color.
The rims were installed by me, being a long time RR Classic driver, I have a tick with the Vogue SE rims, three spoke and color matched with silver outer ring. I combined that with later centre caps and LR silver ones, when driving the winter tires in silver.
The car came with the rims pictured (amber / yellow indicator lights). I removed all stickers on the rear and put a Land Rover Classic decal (same as the RR soft dash Logo, but plain silver sticker) on the lower tailgate.
As well removed the headlamp washer, so it looks more reduced to form and not details.
rims
That's the look in winter:
winter
How it looked, when I bought it:

Gilbertd wrote:

Looks very similar to my old LSE which was Sherwood green if I remember correctly.

Nice looking motor Richard, I bet getting over that speed bump was a scrape and a half!

Always fancied an LSE.

You wouldn't when you see how quickly they rust..... It was a good old bus, 4.2 Iceberg version of the P38 engine, so the first with the cross bolted mains, and would sit at cruising speed forever. When I first got the P38 I couldn't understand why it felt so sluggish after the LSE then realised the P38 has twice the throttle pedal travel so I wasn't giving it as much welly.

I kept the LSE for a couple of years after getting the P38 as I didn't trust the P38 as far as I could throw it initially. Came in handy when the Yanks put two cars we'd imported on the wrong ship, one that wasn't docking in the UK, so we had to drive to Rotterdam to collect them.

Gilbertd wrote:

You wouldn't when you see how quickly they rust..... It was a good old bus, 4.2 Iceberg version of the P38 engine, so the first with the cross bolted mains, and would sit at cruising speed forever. When I first got the P38 I couldn't understand why it felt so sluggish after the LSE then realised the P38 has twice the throttle pedal travel so I wasn't giving it as much welly.

I kept the LSE for a couple of years after getting the P38 as I didn't trust the P38 as far as I could throw it initially. Came in handy when the Yanks put two cars we'd imported on the wrong ship, one that wasn't docking in the UK, so we had to drive to Rotterdam to collect them.

I had a 3.9 Vogue Manual for a few months, the PO's wife had pished herself and it would make your eyes burn when you opened the door, especially after a hot day, I had to replace the front seat and carpet, 3 cans of Vanish later he couldn't give it away so i got it for next to nowt!

It had a rotten rear crossmember which would make the rear wings flex and the tailgate would open all by itself, new one fitted

The floor under the Wabco ECU was rotten too..

Plymouth blue if i remember!

3.9 with the Lt77 it would fly..

Loved it..

only hd it for 3 months, but put 8k on it,

Only 67k from new!

Teddy Bear seats and a manual box, eek! At least the LSE had leather and a 4HP22. I bought if from a mate of a mate and he'd had the rear crossmember and sills done before I got it so the chassis was solid, but the body was pretty grim. Both rear door inner shells had big holes in them and there wasn't a lot of the inner wings left either. It looked OK from the outside but the closer you looked the more rot you found.

Mine was a tad crispy in the arches.

The Manual was a right handful double clutch downshifts were a necessity if you wanted to change gear at more than a snails pace!

I do prefer my Auto!

What made you swap it for a P38?

Know the question is not directed to me, but after many years "away" from the green oval, for my (grandiose) return I would settle for no less than a V8 Range Rover (a "real V8", not that germanish crap), but the Classic is too much of a dinosaur on the XXI century, I fancied something a bit more modern ... plus I wanted EAS and +3t tow capability (which is rare in LHD European RRCs, except late German cars which means a total resto due to rust!) ... only one choice.
In hindsight however, I would have chosen a different RRP38 ... I had too much to restore after crappy repairwork from previous owners, and I ain't done yet!