rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Hi thanks for that I tried imgur but can't get it to transfer from the app to the forum.

You need to be able to copy the Direct Link, clicking the Copy button next to it doesn't copy it, it simply highlights it so you know which bit to copy. I just right click and select copy but no idea how you do that on an iPhone.

I'd think (but it is a bit of a guess) that you want to press and hold on the link to get a menu to appear, and should be able to select copy from there. Chris might be the better person to say as I'd suspect its similar to doing it on an iPad.

BrianH wrote:

I'd think (but it is a bit of a guess) that you want to press and hold on the link to get a menu to appear, and should be able to select copy from there. Chris might be the better person to say as I'd suspect its similar to doing it on an iPad.

Not me, I managed it once and don’t know how I did it, 😂🤣

Hi tried loads of different ways. Unfortunately I only have acces to an iPad and an iPhone just now. I’ll try again when I’m at a desktop cheers Alan

Today I have mostly been moping around at work whilst putting off going back under the GEMS. Thought it had a flat-ish battery but it doesn't. Had to walk home from the post office yesterday. Weak starter has finally packed up. Solenoid relay clicks, in N and P a second click and the solenoid thunks it into position (jumping pins 3 and 5 has same effect) - no attempt to turn from starter.

The push-connect small wire is corroded at the spade connector but I assume it works as the solenoid kicks in, at least partly. Next I will check the starter with a + wire to bypass the solenoid, if it turns then it's not the main earth (probably) or starter itself (probably) - likely then to be either the little wire that connects solenoid to starter - which looks utterly rubbish tbh, or the contacts in the solenoid from what I've read so far. The workshop manual is fairly useful.

All of which is actually electrickery I suppose, but it's planned my next weekend out for me. Also the Thor has eaten a brake pad or something, heck of a grinding noise, so there's that to look at. For the next day or two it is Freelander time I think.

AlanP38 wrote:

Hi tried loads of different ways. Unfortunately I only have acces to an iPad and an iPhone just now. I’ll try again when I’m at a desktop cheers Alan

I’m the same, I did it once but don’t have a clue how

I waved my wife off in the Range Rover today - she actually chose it over her Golf for the School run. Incredible!

Morat I've been doing the same all winter. For 2/3 of the year she loves her Mustang, but it's a terrible winter car. I'm really happy she loves the LR's. I'm mostly driving the Disco at the moment.

have you ever noticed that if you fix one thing another thing will follow , replaced my rear shocks yesterday to drive down the road for a test to find i needed a set of rear brake pads , is it just jealousy, look at me , look at me .

mad-as wrote:

if you fix one thing another thing will follow

That's them making life fun for their owners. I know I won't be bored this weekend, lockdown or not.

Someone once told me a P38 will always have 3 faults so you should leave them because if you repair one, something else will fail and this time it might be something important.

That's what I thought P38 meant --- problems
38 🙄

Got steel delivery to make pick up bed on 4.6hse today --- hopefully get it done for the summer --- if we get one

Morat wrote:

I waved my wife off in the Range Rover today - she actually chose it over her Golf for the School run. Incredible!

You know why, the heater in a p38 takes seconds to warm up, I’m hating using her indoors car while I sort rangie out,, 🤣

Yeah, it's a great winter car - especially with the heated seats/screens.

Hi folks a good weekend as far as p38s go .
Replaced 2 reconditioned steering wheels and a rotary coupler.
Also a BECM that was sent to turners diagnostics . Car was completely locked out no response from nanocom or Eka code ,no suspension,battery drain and no response from remote. The trip to turners has sorted all the issues, I've got to admit I was a bit sceptical when Eddie at turners said they would sort it all out but they have so happy days.
Tonight replaced and reprogrammed a valve block.
So 2 rangies that were on their knees booked for an mot tomorrow fingers crossed.
Anyone who runs these cars knows it seems an eternity waiting for that suspension to rise and those dash lights to settle.

Mmmm my vogue suspension rises quite fast so maybe you need pump overhaul But glad you got becm done

It shouldn't drop in the first place. In this cold weather maybe an inch or so but should come back up immediately unless the reservoir isn't holding pressure.

The one I replaced the BECM on came up relatively quickly. The other one had been put into storage 4 years ago with what we assumed was a valve block issue . It was down on the bumpstops and after replacing the valve block and resetting it took a few minutes to fill. Both cars are working fine now and sitting at their correct heights. I should have explained the history, my wife always says I'm shit at communicating.