rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

Having just gone through about 100 different pdf files, I can't find it. However, if you use the installation diagrams, that shows what colour wires go where so by taking the back off the plugs, you'll be able to see which wires are connected to which pins.

I didn't remove any plugs from the LPG ECU at all. The other ends- that go into the Matrix units, stayed on their own side of the respective heads , so I don't think I could have Simon.
User Name Deleted (!- just in case AEB or Zavoli are reading this) has been kind enough to send me a few different versions of software and documentation (6.0.5.322 IC; 4.7.6.233 IC; 1.0.1.201) but until I can get the system to show some kind of life I can't test anything. I'm getting pretty fast at uninstalling/ installing the software though, as I found that multiple versions on the same machine- even installed in different places with different names- don't play well together.
I suppose, ideally, I'm looking for software and literature that reflect the system manufacturing date of approx November 2005.
More suggestions as to troubleshooting the dead system are welcome. I've got so much on my hands with this car at the moment that I'm spreading myself in too many directions and leaving too many jobs half done.
Tonight's thought is that my petrol misfire and dead lpg might reflect a pinched or broken wire when I reinstalled top plenum, especially if there's a power feed to the LPG ECU from the petrol injector power feed.
Thanks Simon- your input is always welcome

Lpgc wrote:

You haven't just swapped the two black plugs over that carry the petrol injector signals to the LPG ECU have you...
I can send versions of Zavoli software.

Simon.

Is the pinout of the AEB 2568D 50-pin socket the same as installed by Vogels? I do have a hardwaremanual with pinout if you wish.
Tony.

Mine's the 2568B Tony, but I imagine the pinouts are the same if the Vogels is a clone....

Ferryman wrote:

Is the pinout of the AEB 2568D 50-pin socket the same as installed by Vogels? I do have a hardwaremanual with pinout if you wish.
Tony.

PM me some valid mailadress then.

Duly done Tony
Cheers
Mark

The more I mess with those crunchy wires, the more worried I get. If they hadn't done multiple folds in the excess loom to squeeze it into the old engine ECU box together with the LPG ECU I'd be a happy bunny, but time and heat have set the loom into a box shaped series of loops- a bit like Japanese foot binding!

Gilbertd wrote:

Having just gone through about 100 different pdf files, I can't find it. However, if you use the installation diagrams, that shows what colour wires go where so by taking the back off the plugs, you'll be able to see which wires are connected to which pins.

Orangebean wrote:

I didn't remove any plugs from the LPG ECU at all. The other ends- that go into the Matrix units, stayed on their own side of the respective heads , so I don't think I could have Simon.

Simon is referring to the cables that go to the petrol ECU not the LPG injectors. You've got two looms, one per bank, and one has the pickup for the ignition switched supply, the other doesn't. So you'll have one loom with 8 wires, two per injector cut feed, and one with 9 wires, the injector cuts plus the supply from the common ignition switched supply to the petrol injectors. If you've swapped the plugs over, the ignition switched supply won't be going anywhere.

Hmmmm- could be- I'll take a look tomorrow
Thanks for that

Gilbertd wrote:

Simon is referring to the cables that go to the petrol ECU not the LPG injectors. You've got two looms, one per bank, and one has the pickup for the ignition switched supply, the other doesn't. So you'll have one loom with 8 wires, two per injector cut feed, and one with 9 wires, the injector cuts plus the supply from the common ignition switched supply to the petrol injectors. If you've swapped the plugs over, the ignition switched supply won't be going anywhere.

Thought it might be useful if I listed what software and manuals I actually have. Nothing specific to the 2856B though...

See later post for updated list!

Been headlighting and freezing today so not going to get any further with gas today, but tomorrow....

Orangebean wrote:

Mine's the 2568B Tony, but I imagine the pinouts are the same if the Vogels is a clone....

Ferryman wrote:

Tony.

If reference is to Vogas it's a completely different ECU, different pinout. I will have a pinout somewhere but it'll be one I made myself and it's finding it... Might as well do as Gilbert suggested though and pull the cover off the back of the ECU plug, there are earth connections between wires in there that can corode. As long as ECU gets battery live and earth and battery live on red/white the switch should light momentarily anyway, regardless of rpm signal, petrol injector signals, etc etc.

No Simon, Tony is referring to his system from Vogels (http://www.vogelsautogas.nl/page.html) in Holland. As they are the Dutch importer for OMVL and use a lot of AEB bits, it's very likely they use yet another re-badged AEB controller.

Heidi from Zavoli reckons she's got Version 5.0.5 of the software. That'll be one more to add to my collection if I ever get it powered up again!
I might just give up doing P38's and become an LPG software and manual collector. You can do that from the comfort of your armchair rather than a freezing workshop!

Beat you to it......

enter image description here

and I suspect Simon has even more. There used to be a DVD being sold on eBay that was a collection of just about every bit of LPG software (mostly freeware but some not) out there. This is an image of that DVD. Most folders contain more than one version so there's earlier and later versions in case an older system won't talk to newer software. In the case of Zavoli, I've got versions 3 (3.0.1), 4 (4.6.3 and 4.7.6) and 6 (6.0.300 and 6.0.308) but no version 5. If 5 is the correct one for the B suffix hardware, I would have expected anything earlier to have worked.

Understood Gilbert, yes pinouts will be same if Vogel is name of a firm that fit AEB, only difference may be later versions have the additional OBD wiring that early versions won't have. Better not confuse matters by mentioning there is also an LPG system called Vogel hehe! But it's true..

I have a fair bit more, mostly oddball stuff, AFC, BRC and Prins, but you do have a good set there Gilbert. Used to be the case that if you bought the full cable adaptors package from WTV you got loads of software with it, a bit more still if you bought the USB version with the couple of extra cable adaptors, but still far from a concise set.

Over Xmas a guy came from Newcastle for me to take a look at his Elgrand recently converted by Autogas2000 with a Lovato system which was running like a pile of s**te. I was surprised not to be able to connect to his system with any version of Lovato software I had, I found out on the day AG2K re-opened that Lovato ECUs changed in May2016 and only post May2016 software will talk to the latest Lovato ECU. Still gave the guy some pointers on what was wrong, such as the 2foot long injector pipes(!), low pressure and system set to switch back to petrol unknown to the driver at idle causing surging as soon as you touch the throttle, but that's a different story. AG2K sent me the software via Dropbox, which I hadn't used for some time, but on using it again I decided to upload all my LPG software to Dropbox. Didn't manage it because my Dropbox was full before half software was uploaded - But I just checked, V3.0 and V4.6 Zavoli software has fully uploaded... I would think one of these versions will work if V6 doesn't, all software is more backwards compatible than forward compatible and V6 is usually the most compatible of the lot. Would expect V6 to work on anything V5 will, but earlier versions can be necessary for early ECU's like B suffix. Links to V3 and V4.6 in Dropbox below, though it looks like you already have V4.6 and 6? Looks like I don't have V5 Zavoli on this laptop either, if I've got it or ever had it at all, but I've never not been able to connect to a Zavoli system using one of the other software versions.

V4.6
V3.0

These are only about 8mb each, could email them if you don't have dropbox.

Try using a laptop running 32bit Windows, even early versions of V6 software don't like 64bit and you can get some very unusual results including options usually never seen and settings such as CNG/LPG reading opposite to how you set them, if you can manage to connect at all..

Simon

Cheers Simon
Worked through Dropbox nicely.
Only laptop I have left running vintage Windows is an old XP one. Pretty sure it's 32bit. It's now at workshop, where I'm not!
I'm tidying my versions as we speak (or rather as I type) and will update the list soon!
EDIT- other half's Birthday so have to leave this important stuff and head out for a meal :)

Head out for a meal? Part timer! I know of one well known LPG installer who was apparently working on a customers car in the adjoining garage while his wife was giving birth in the house (same customer told me)! They are, however, maybe not too surprisingly split up now, and he is no longer an installer. Enjoy your meal mate ;-)

Incidentally, I'm not that used to using Dropbox... Can you browse through files and download other stuff too (not that I have any concerns!)?

Simon

Generally with dropbox if you share a link, then it's just for the file(s) that have been shared

Re: Zavoli software.. I'll have a look and see what versions I have, but I am sure I use the later V6 versions of software on my older (circa 2008 - pre OBD) ECU with no problems. The version I use is 6.0.7.326

The options for the newer ECU's like auto adapting from OBD etc are all visible, but greyed out, so you can't select them if they aren't applicable to the ECU connected.

Edit: Other versions that I have of Zavoli software are:
6.0.3.x
Regal (E)

I don't use it much either, but as far as I know if you send a link that's all the recipient can get to. You can set up a named list of people that can post files into your box and that others on that list can see.
Here's my cleansed database of Zavoli files, by the way.
I seem to be lacking tech manuals more than anything- pinouts and points where I can check voltages etc, but I'll get to the bottom of it as long as I haven't toasted the ECU somehow.

enter image description here

Thanks again for your help so far
Mark
EDIT- Marty beat me to the Reply button!

OOOOer, I haven't got 4.9.3- I'm envious as collecting this software is my new hobby!
Royal pain having to install/ uninstall each time though, although if I wanted to be clever I could set up a different user login for each version :)
Academic as the system is as dead as a pile of Dodos at the moment and I MUST get it running properly on petrol with the new brains installed by the end of the month when tax on Blue one runs out and I need to get it sold.

Martyuk wrote:

Edit: Other versions that I have of Zavoli software are:
6.0.3.x
Regal (E)