rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

I've had a look and the 7th/8th is OK by me. I guess we have to try and find a weekend that suits the majority, as it looks like there isn't a weekend where everyone is free!

Unless we maybe go towards the end of July - 22nd/23rd maybe?

7th/ 8th of which month Marty? Can't see any coming months where those dates fall on a Sat/ Sun.

@OB, Just out of interest do you go to Glastonbury as a punter or more involved?

Sorry, 8th/9th July

That's me out then :-((( fortunately I don't require any work done.
It just wouldn't be worth the grief if I miss my nieces 21st bash.

Lpgc wrote:

@OB, Just out of interest do you go to Glastonbury as a punter or more involved?

If I was going it would be to work/ volunteer, but I haven't done last couple of years. Other half works there for Oxfam for a week around the core festival so I have to be at home to dog sit.

8th 9th suits me.

I might be able to make one of those two days. 🙂

Right, I'm available at the moment for pretty much any time in July and early August.
I am just about within commuting distance to do both days.
I would like to participate in the bulk buy of beige (or whichever colour is decided upon to match the original colour) headlining material.
I have the wifes approval!

So, who is taking the orders for the headlining materials?
Are we any closer to confirming a date?
Is there anything in particular that would be beneficial to bring along?

Regards,

Smiler.

A quick reply, as I've just got in from playing with lots of wires on the BECM tester I'm building!

Headlining - I've inquired to a couple of places that do the headlining material/adhesive kits, One gave me rough prices (on one of the previous pages of this thread) and the other said to get back to them with a number of kits etc and they'd then quote.

Colours - I think Orangebean was looking at getting samples from Martrim as he wants to get as close as possible to the original colour for his restoration.
I'm going for black for my RR, but was going to get the same as whatever OB goes for, for my other 2 RR's as they're restorations aswell, and don't want anything too wacky!

Headlining orders. I am (in theory) happy to do the bulk order once we know definite numbers, colours, prices etc and have a final figure from whichever supplier we use.

Dates... I think the 8th/9th July are the current aim.

Last year we all just brought a hand/boot full of tools, some food that could be BBQ'd (Morat was kind enough to be our Chef!) for lunch (or whatever you wanted to eat if you didn't want BBQ!) and something to drink. Oh, and the RR...

I think that's about it...

If you have any other questions, then ask away!

Marty

Cool, cheers.

Shall we start a list then so we know numbers?

I'm in for 3 headlinings...
1x Black
2x Closest to original.

I think Sloth was looking at getting one in the normal trim colour. If you're after one and have funds approval ;-) , then that puts us at 5.

I think Morat was wanting to do his and, Orangebean was wanting one for the Vogue SE (can't remember if he was doing his other one) so a tentative total of 7 so far. I've probably missed one or 2 - I need to go back and look at the other page when it was first mentioned!

Yes Please! Interior is Lightstone, closest to OEM please :)
(unless the suede is really nice)

I'll bring the BBQ again, and some extra charcoal. Saturday night and Sunday lunch? Not that I'd want to rule out a pub outing if people would rather....

I'm trying to work out if running down to Swindon and back just for the Sunday is doable. There is no way I can make the Saturday.
Only to be nosey, of course.

So, not trying to take over here and hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes but, to consolidate:

Participants requiring headlinings - 8/9 July
1) Marty - 2 x Original, 1 x Black
2) Smiler - 1 x Original (with Sunroof)
3) Morat - 1 x Original

Please copy and add your name and requirements to the list to confirm participation.

3) Morat - 1 x Original (with Sunroof)

Please copy and add your name and requirements to the list to confirm participation.

Marty's garage is going to smell fantastic o-)

Morat wrote:

4) Orangebean- 1x Original Lightstone (with sunroof)

No toes trodden on! it's useful to keep an accurate tally!

1) Marty - 2 x Original, 1 x Black (all with Sunroof)
4) Orangebean- 1x Original Lightstone (with sunroof)

This sounds like a right blast! I once put a full new hood on a peugeot 205 cj junior cabriolet by myself and it was a nightmare. Much better with a team effort. This bash happen often?????