rangerovers.pub
The only place for a coil spring is up Zebedee's arse

In case Marty is busy with someone else, my Nanocom lives in the car so you can have a play with that. Not sure about waste oil drums but if we've got them, we probably won't need them. Disposable gloves I've got a new box in the boot but cups is a very good idea. The ones at Marty's workshop definitely look like your average workshop cup. You get to the bottom of a cup of coffee and wonder just what it was that you've just drunk.....

Sounds like my mug at work...

Chers for the offer of the use of the Nanocom, would be good (or could be scary) to go diving into the vehicle and see how healthy it thinks it is.

I will also have my Nanocom with me, and assuming we aren't all high on adhesive, happy to go through and have a look with you.

Cups - yes, will be handy... I don't know what Gilbertd was drinking out of last time, as I don't have any resident cups at the workshop!! (tin can of old oily bolts maybe? :) )

I have a couple of thermos cups that I'll bring (they're at home, so are clean!). I'll also try to remember to pack tea, coffee, milk and water to boil in the jug.

Worth bringing a roll of toilet paper too if you think you might need it... there is a toilet on the premesis, but it's very rarely stocked with anything.... so better again to be prepared than caught short!

Waste oil drums - if anyone has any, then that would be handy as all the ones I have are pretty much full to the brim... Also if anyone has a yard broom (I've only got a small brush in the garage here) then we can use that to sweep the floor in the usable half of the workshop..

Other than that - food or other beverages you would like, tools, gloves, etc are all winners.

Have we decided what we are doing regarding BBQ? were we going with a Saturday evening this time?
If you are coming and don't have the postcode for the workshop, then drop me a PM and I'll send it through.

I've finalised the order with Martrim today for the headlining kits - and I think they will be delivered here tomorrow, so I will take them up to the workshop on Saturday so it's all there and ready.

I have standard size domestic broom that I'll chuck in the back. I'll sort out my tool kit too if I get chance and bring along some electrical tools and an extension reel. (assuming you have mains power available?)

I'll chuck in my leather cleaning/ repair stuff and painting stuff, although will have to pick up a can of Java Black, to do your rusty spot on roof Marty.
Do you have a set of steps at the shop, 'cos working at height is easier when you're not standing on someone's shoulders?
As for food- the King of Barbecue will hopefully do his stuff on Saturday evening. I'll lob something suitable in the cooler to contribute.

I'll have a nanocom and socket set, I'll bring some disposable gloves and whatever tools I see lying around.
More importantly I'll bring the barby and some charcoal for Saturday (and Sunday?) When did we barbeque last time? I think lunch is probably the main one as we'll all be at the workshop, I'd suggest the pub in the evening unless the weather is perfect and/or we're doing an all nighter. Happy either way though.
I'll bring some food but if you've got any favorite food/sauces etc - please do bring them along.
Gilbert, did you bring paper plates last time? because that was inspired. I doubt anyone wants to wash up.

Bog roll is a good idea, also some shower gel/swarfega/soap. Going on last year, a first aid kit would be good idea too. There's only so much you can do with gaffer tape and kitchen roll!
I'm booked in the Premier Inn Swindon North, as is OB and possibly Gilbert. There seems to be a pub nearby.... and so is Marty's second home, the one that has a bedroom as well as a workshop :)

Morat wrote:

Gilbert, did you bring paper plates last time? because that was inspired. I doubt anyone wants to wash up.

I don't remember as Dina dealt with stuff like that, it was her idea to take food in the first place, but we'll bring some this time. Got a couple of the disposable barbecues too in case you need extra cooking space.

I'm booked in the Premier Inn Swindon North, as is OB and possibly Gilbert. There seems to be a pub nearby....

Yup, booked it a few minutes ago.

Will Dina be coming this year or has she seen enough of men looking at old cars and scratching their heads? :)

There's plenty of shops in Marlborough if we get really stuck.

Hand cleaner is a good addition, considering the potential for sticky fingers.

I currently have a set of optical tracking bars on loan to me, if anyone wants to check/adjust theirs I'll ask the owner if he minds me bringing it along.

Smiler wrote:

I currently have a set of optical tracking bars on loan to me, if anyone wants to check/adjust theirs I'll ask the owner if he minds me bringing it along.

Tracking is certainly on my must do list, but I really should do it before I stick a couple of hundred motorway miles on the car. Might just do a rough set with the spirit levels/ tape measure to get me to camp.

Morat wrote:

Will Dina be coming this year or has she seen enough of men looking at old cars and scratching their heads? :)

She certainly is, she's the self proclaimed headlining expert (having helped do mine) and seems to be looking forward to the prospect of doing 7. As long as you keep her fed, she'll keep sticking bits of foam backed cloth to flimsy fibreglass roof shells.

I'm sulking!! 400 mile round trip is too much for me to do in a day

Tracking bar... YES!!! I've been meaning to get my tracking checked for ages, but never seem to have time to do it!!

OB - I have a can of Halfords Java Black which still has some in it, back from when I resprayed my light guards - I bought 2 cans but used just over 1 from memory...

I don't have steps at the workshop, but I have a small set from the house (just 2 steps, but it's what I use to clean the roof!! I'll try and remember to chuck them in...

Martrim are good to their word - got around to calling them up and paying for the bulk order yesterday, and TNT have just dropped off a couple of packages in the shape of a big roll and a box of things that rattle...

I'm going to take it up to the workshop this weekend so it's there, ready... I'm also going to attempt to swap my brake modulator as I've got one I've finally finished cleaning out and replacing the O-rings on... and if I get a chance, I'll start taking the headlining cards out of the other 2 RR's I have - so we will then have 3 cards ready to strip the old stuff off and prepare straight away to then get underway putting the new stuff on.

Oh, I'm going to try and remember to bring bin liners... so we have somewhere to dump all the old headlining stuff, and any other rubbish - then I can bring them home and dump them in the wheelie bin..

OldShep56 wrote:

hotel! You know it makes sense...

Morat wrote:

OldShep56 wrote:

hotel! You know it makes sense...

That's not the problem. The problem is my niece has chosen the Saturday to have her 21st party and woebetide Uncle Austin if he's not there. To come down Sunday morning and back is just too much for me.

I'm also going to add to my 'to do' list (probably for Sunday) is to try and swap my ABS modulator block. I was hoping to do it this Saturday as I had the day free, but have a last-minute job come in for tomorrow night down in London, so won't be home until Saturday afternoon, and I don't think I'm going to feel like swapping that over in an afternoon and getting it bled through..

So I think this weekend, I'll look at making sure everything is ready for next weekend and get the old headlinings out of my other 2, so we have 3 old ones to start straight on Saturday morning. Then aim to do the modulator swap on Sunday, as with any luck we will have managed to get at least a few headlinings churned out on Saturday.

Fingers crossed if Smiler can swing bringing the tracking checker, I can get that dialed in aswell and then it will be MOT time! Got a nice new windscreen fitted today (finally... was supposed to happen on Tuesday but the new top trim was damaged, and they had send non-heated glass, despite me even having noted on the booking that it was heated glass!) So crack-free windscreen, new headlining next weekend, replaced modulator and freshly bled brakes, and tracking done... should be good to go!

Cool, I am off work today but Monday I shall speak to the owner of said tracking gear to make sure he is happy for me to hang on to it and bring it along. It isn't the most advanced thing in the world but it works. Though you do need a flat surface as with most tracking devices.

I am interested in your modulator change as mine could do with a refresh.

I'm going to compile a list of all my Range Rovers ailments and see which if any I can look at whilst up there. Sunroof will obviously be a priority whilst the headlining is out (won't set, drains check as I have a drip after heavy rainfall).

How much under-cover space is there in case it is wet? I do have a 12'x12' ex-army tent. It's incomplete but useable and can be erected on hard standing.

There is one workshop space (undercover) available as the other half has got one of my project P38's in it which is slowiy being pulled apart so I can start re-building it!

The other half has my second project P38, but that is still moveable so I'll put that outside whilst we are up there, so we can have one space inside.

I had a feeling a couple of people were bringing Gazebo's etc but if you want to bring the tent, then feel free... hopefully we will have good weather though, as it makes everything easier!!

Martyuk wrote:

The other half has my second project P38, but that is still moveable so I'll put that outside whilst we are up there

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo, does this mean I'll get the opportunity to drag things around behind mine again?

NO!!! :)

The moveable P38 still has all the bits in it, and starts/runs enough to get it in/out of the workshop.

Mental note though, it has a flat battery, so need to take the charger up with me this weekend and leave it on charge for the week so it will start next weekend... otherwise we might have to roll it (it does have 4 wheels on it though!

I think the disco is still where we left it last year though...